Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does every TSR member have 4 A*s at A-Level? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I only have one A level, and I only got a B. :emo::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Will 4a*s(bio,chem,physics,maths),4as ,1b suffice for ucl mechanical or chemical engineering.Also, what about medicine?I know A levels are more important but will these igcses(considered harder than normal gcses) suffice?
    My GCSE grades are similar to your ones. I applied for chemical engineering at UCL at the end of September and I got a conditional offer from them a week ago without being called for an interview. I believe that you have a strong chance of getting an offer if you make sure your personal statement is really good and you do well in the first year of A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Somebody)
    My GCSE grades are similar to your ones. I applied for chemical engineering at UCL at the end of September and I got a conditional offer from them a week ago without being called for an interview. I believe that you have a strong chance of getting an offer if you make sure your personal statement is really good and you do well in the first year of A levels.
    Thank you brother.Don't know why the guy above took my statement as sarcasm,when obviously,I asked a genuine question.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you brother.Don't know why the guy above took my statement as sarcasm,when obviously,I asked a genuine question.
    You're welcome.
    I'm a girl by the way
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I got 4a*,4as and 1b in igcses, not a levels.
    That's still fine lol. A-Level matter a lot more. What are your A-Level predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because he can't determine a candidates realistic chances because UCL is a big uni, it's not even his degree and thus he won't know any of the competition so probably couldn't give you any firm chance? and that it would be worse to misinform lmao
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nice. What are your A-Level predicted grades by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    That's still fine lol. A-Level matter a lot more. What are your A-Level predicted grades?
    Just started AS.Working hard to get 4as in bio,chem,phy and maths.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. What are your A-Level predicted grades by the way?
    I'm not completely sure because my school didn't want us to know but because I'm applying to Cambridge, it is probably A*A*A or 3A*s.
    It's probably quite high seeing that I have already got 4 offers which I find really hard to believe.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just started AS.Working hard to get 4as in bio,chem,phy and maths.
    Nice, I'm doing the same subjects. However, I might drop Biology because it's not really interesting.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not completely sure because my school didn't want us to know but because I'm applying to Cambridge, it is probably A*A*A or 3A*s.
    It's probably quite high seeing that I have already got 4 offers which I find really hard to believe.
    Congratulations! What universities? In addition, are they all ChemEng offers?

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'm doing the same subjects. However, I might drop Biology because it's not really interesting.
    So my igcses were good right?Also,drop it if your not enjoying it.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! What universities? In addition, are they all ChemEng offers?
    They are all ChemEng offers. I got them from Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    I started off doing the same subjects in year 12. Dropped Biology at the end even though I got an A at AS. I'm glad I made that decision.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So my igcses were good right?Also,drop it if your not enjoying it.
    Yeah, they're good. You don't have anything to worry about. I will, I'll have to wait until next month though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They are all ChemEng offers. I got them from Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and UCL.
    Nice, good universities as well.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I started off doing the same subjects in year 12. Dropped Biology at the end even though I got an A at AS. I'm glad I made that decision.
    Good thing you did it, not worth it if it'll bring down your other grades.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where the people I am talking about are hiding :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I was fairly pleased with my grades at the time. Now with grade inflation, and the introduction of A*, my grades look pretty unremarkable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    UCL graduate here, you mad? :cool:
    Why would I be mad of a weird talking red flower thing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.