Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Nope. 335,000 people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland take A Levels every year
    Ah yeah that sounds like a lot but it's only 0.5% of the uk's population XD. Wow so only 2000 get 3A*s+, that's not v many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Ah yeah that sounds like a lot but it's only 0.5% of the uk's population XD. Wow so only 2000 get 3A*s+, that's not v many.
    I know, I thinks it cus of TSR you'd assume 3A* is quite common. But most schools across the country have no-one who gets it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Not in the mood for sarcastic jokes.As you're my senior who graduated from ucl,I respectfully asked you what my chances were.I ask you again,with utmost respect that do I even have any chance since the competition is so high?I need help as I am an International candidate.
    Then next time might be a good idea to not ask a question which is so obviously ridiculous and has nothing to do wit UCL’s official entry requirements which you can find on their website, thereby making your post seem like obvious trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    I know, I thinks it cus of TSR you'd assume 3A* is quite common. But most schools across the country have no-one who gets it haha
    Hmm yeah I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Because they watch Rick and Morty.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    I was predicted A*AA and got A*A*A* and now I’m at UCL , I only did 3 a levels though
    What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Not me
    (Original post by Texxers)
    I swear to god every person of TSR claims to have A*A*A*A*A* predicted grades and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS levels. Applies to Oxford, UCL, Imperial.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Then next time might be a good idea to not ask a question which is so obviously ridiculous and has nothing to do wit UCL’s official entry requirements which you can find on their website, thereby making your post seem like obvious trolling.
    Drop the attitude mate,it's not going to help.I asked a simple question knowing the fact that you were a UCL graduate and would know about what grades people usually get there and ;therefore, would help me out,but no,you had to act stuck up and arrogant.Forgive me for asking a question,I didn't know it was a sin.Learn to be more mature and respectful because if asking a simple question gets you triggered,then all I can say is good luck with your life ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have that, 'ABB' yo.

ReputationRep:
    Drop the attitude mate,it's not going to help.I asked a simple question knowing the fact that you were a UCL graduate and would know about what grades people usually get there and ;therefore, would help me out,but no,you had to act stuck up and arrogant.Forgive me for asking a question,I didn't know it was a sin.Learn to be more mature and respectful because if asking a simple question gets you triggered,then all I can say is good luck with your life ahead.
    Not stuck up or arrogant at all, just telling you to not get triggered at someone responding sarcastically to a post which by all reasonable appearances, was itself sarcastic and a parody of TSR students and their grades.

The grade requirements are on UCL’s website, they are different for different subjects and being a UCL gradute doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to know what they are for any given subject. I suggest you do your own research straight from the university web pages before asking randoms on TSR and then getting triggered when they rightly perceive your post to be taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    What are you studying?
    Econ

ReputationRep:
    Not stuck up or arrogant at all, just telling you to not get triggered at someone responding sarcastically to a post which by all reasonable appearances, was itself sarcastic and a parody of TSR students and their grades.

The grade requirements are on UCL’s website, they are different for different subjects and being a UCL gradute doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to know what they are for any given subject. I suggest you do your own research straight from the university web pages before asking randoms on TSR and then getting triggered when they rightly perceive your post to be taking the piss.
    Listen,you don't get it do you?I've checked the requirements on the website many times but it does not specify gcse grade requirements clearly.So the only logical thing to do then was to ask this question from a fellow student who has studied and has info on the admission process in UCL on a Student forum.Plus,I'm an international applicant so I have to do as much research as possible and ask as many people online.Also,who got triggered first?Clearly you.
    I don't want to leave things on a sour note so good luck with life ahead

ReputationRep:
    Listen,you don't get it do you?I've checked the requirements on the website many times but it does not specify gcse grade requirements clearly.So the only logical thing to do then was to ask this question from a fellow student who has studied and has info on the admission process in UCL on a Student forum.Plus,I'm an international applicant so I have to do as much research as possible and ask as many people online.Also,who got triggered first?Clearly you.
    I don't want to leave things on a sour note so good luck with life ahead
    If they’re not clear enough then phone up the relevant department.

No actually lol, it was you who first got triggered by my parody reply

ReputationRep:
    If they’re not clear enough then phone up the relevant department.

No actually lol, it was you who first got triggered by my parody reply
    Mind explaining how I got triggered first?I just said that I was not in the mood for sarcastic jokes.Your reply after that was just rude.
    Anyways forget it,at this point we are just wasting time.

ReputationRep:
    Mind explaining how I got triggered first?I just said that I was not in the mood for sarcastic jokes.Your reply after that was just rude.
    The main thing that gets you in are the A levels that you obtain in the end.
    (i)GCSEs are really largely irrelevant compared to your A levels and only serve as an indicator of how well you performed during high school. Like if you failed your AS subjects and had medicore (i)GCSEs then it wouldn't look good.
    Anyways your iGCSEs are great you don't need to worry about them at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xiaochen)
    The main thing that gets you in are the A levels that you obtain in the end.
    (i)GCSEs are really largely irrelevant compared to your A levels and only serve as an indicator of how well you performed during high school. Like if you failed your AS subjects and had medicore (i)GCSEs then it wouldn't look good.
    Anyways your iGCSEs are great you don't need to worry about them at all.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well you not being in the mood was you getting triggered at my reply, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    I swear to god every person of TSR claims to have A*A*A*A*A* predicted grades and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS levels. Applies to Oxford, UCL, Imperial.
    I only have A*A*A, and managed just a 2:1 from Oxford - some of us on TSR are v. average /normal

ReputationRep:
    thats nothing, go on Linkedin and everyone has like 70%+ average on all module results and did all kinds of super unique dissertations

ReputationRep:
    His comment was far from an obvious troll, nor was it obviously ridiculous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.