Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does every TSR member have 4 A*s at A-Level? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey....I actually had A*A*A*A*A predicted grades, thank you very much. And I didn't apply to Oxford, UCL or Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    I got CDD 😂🤣
    just feel like saying
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would think that most of them are not lying about their grades.
    They are just much likelier to mention their grades since they're so good, and more importantly, a large proportion of the TSR community are very academically strong (as you'd expect).

Though I have to say it does surprise me how many people take four or more A2s when in the vast majority of cases it's pointless to take more than three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Well you not being in the mood was you getting triggered at my reply, obviously.
    You wont accept your mistake so there is no furthur room for discussion.I hope we don't cross paths again.Have a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    U forgot about the university of Cambridge

Where exactly is this mythical place you speak of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    You wont accept your mistake so there is no furthur room for discussion.I hope we don't cross paths again.Have a good day.
    You got triggered when your post was rightfully taken to be trolling and ridiculous. You’ve said there’ll be no more discussion on this several times now, and yet you keep replying

(Original post by iɾas)
    His comment was far from an obvious troll, nor was it obviously ridiculous
    Yes, it was, and you know it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol what, there was no mistake. You got triggered when your post was rightfully taken to be trolling and ridiculous. You’ve said there’ll be no more discussion on this several times now, and yet you keep replying
    How is asking if 4a*,4as,1b in igcses good enough for UCL, considered trolling?It was a genuine question.You say I got triggered first, but I said this,"Not in the mood for sarcastic jokes.As you're my senior who graduated from ucl,I respectfully asked you what my chances were.I ask you again,with utmost respect that do I even have any chance since the competition is so high?I need help as I am an International candidate."Notice the amount of times I said I am asking respectfully and called you my senior as a sign of respect.You think that's worthy of being credited trolling?Admit it,you were in the wrong and judging by the likes on that comment,most people agree.I think you're only taking the piss now.I take back what I said,I want to continue the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    How is asking if 4a*,4as,1b in igcses good enough for UCL, considered trolling?It was a genuine question.You say I got triggered first, but I said this,"Not in the mood for sarcastic jokes.As you're my senior who graduated from ucl,I respectfully asked you what my chances were.I ask you again,with utmost respect that do I even have any chance since the competition is so high?I need help as I am an International candidate."Notice the amount of times I said I am asking respectfully and called you my senior as a sign of respect.You think that's worthy of being credited trolling?Admit it,you were in the wrong and judging by the likes on that comment,most people agree.I think you're only taking the piss now.I take back what I said,I want to continue the discussion.
    The first bit was obviously perceived as trolling in the context of this thread, which was clearly on the subject of TSRians boasting about their numerous A*s and still thinking that these grades weren't acceptable for applying to top tier universities. It is a widespread mockery on here that TSRians have hundreds of A*s and still think they won't get into any university. It is plainly obvious that 4 A*s, 4 As and 1 B are good enough to apply to pretty much any university.

So no, I am not going to take back the perfectly reasonable assumption that your post was trolling. The number of people who rep a comment does not necessarily at all mean you're right or that your comment cannot be perceived that way.

ReputationRep:
    The first bit was obviously perceived as trolling in the context of this thread, which was clearly on the subject of TSRians boasting about their numerous A*s and still thinking that these grades weren't acceptable for applying to top tier universities. It is a widespread mockery on here that TSRians have hundreds of A*s and still think they won't get into any university. It is plainly obvious that 4 A*s, 4 As and 1 B are good enough to apply to pretty much any university.

So no, I am not going to take back the perfectly reasonable assumption that your post was trolling. The number of people who rep a comment does not necessarily at all mean you're right or that your comment cannot be perceived that way.
    Lol,you don't get anything,do you?Engineering and medicine are one of the most competitive courses out there and there are people who apply there with 6+a*s.It's simple,I saw an UCL graduate,I took that as an oppurtunity to ask him if my grades were upto par since he had experience of the admission process,but what does he do?First drops a sarcastic remark and then a rude comment shortly afterwards when all he had to do was just answer a simple question or if he wanted to,he could have not replied at all.Gcse grades are not specified clearly on their website so who the hell am I going to ask?I need a realistic view of my chances since I am an international applicant.You have some issues mate.You should sort them out.
    Also,stop assuming what people mean,it does not look good on you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol,you don't get anything,do you?Engineering and medicine are one of the most competitive courses out there and there are people who apply there with 6+a*s.It's simple,I saw an UCL graduate,I took that as an oppurtunity to ask him if my grades were upto par since he had experience of the admission process,but what does he do?First drops a sarcastic remark and then a rude comment shortly afterwards when all he had to do was just answer a simple question or if he wanted to,he could have not replied at all.Gcse grades are not specified clearly on their website so who the hell am I going to ask?I need a realistic view of my chances since I am an international applicant.You have some issues mate.You should sort them out.
    Also,stop assuming what people mean,it does not look good on you.
    None of that makes any difference to the reasonable assumption that you were trolling by asking the ridiculous question about applying with those grades. Having high grades isn’t going to stop you from applying, but they don’t guarantee a place, as that often depends on other factors such as interview.

Not at all, the fact you’re getting so triggered and drawing out such a long discussion over a reasonable reaction (a complete non-issue really) to your question suggests you have issues and don’t appear to have the most basic sense of humour or awareness of TSR stereotypes. Feel free to keep replying, but I am going to continue responding with the same explanation.

ReputationRep:
    None of that makes any difference to the reasonable assumption that you were trolling by asking the ridiculous question about applying with those grades. Having high grades isn’t going to stop you from applying, but they don’t guarantee a place, as that often depends on other factors such as interview.

Not at all, the fact you’re getting so triggered and drawing out such a long discussion over a reasonable reaction to your question suggests you have issues. Feel free to keep replying, but I am going to continue responding with the same explanation.

"Feel free to keep replying, but I am going to continue responding with the same explanation."
    This line settles it then.You lost the argument since you know that you can't come up with better points.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry dude, I don’t even have one A* at A level....I don’t have any grades at A level, well none worth talking about. And I’m in my second year of Uni.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    I swear to god every person of TSR claims to have A*A*A*A*A* predicted grades and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS levels. Applies to Oxford, UCL, Imperial.
    Most of these posts are pure fantasy.

There's no way of verying most of the 'information; people post on here ..

ReputationRep:
    "Feel free to keep replying, but I am going to continue responding with the same explanation."
    This line settles it then.You lost the argument since you know that you can't come up with better points.
    No it doesn’t, there is no winning or losing. I have already explained it so you repeating the same thing over and over isn’t going to change that.

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn’t, there is no winning or losing. I have already explained it so you repeating the same thing over and over isn’t going to change that.
    You arguing with me all this time means that you wanted your point proven and ;hence, you wanted to win the argument which you started.
    Also, a word of advice,don't automatically assume what people mean when they are saying something.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They don't.

ReputationRep:
    You arguing with me all this time suggests that you wanted your point proven and ;hence, you wanted to win the argument which you started.
    Also, a word of advice,don't automatically assume what people mean when they are saying something.
    I explained it the first time. If you keep asking why then I am obliged to respond with the same reasoning, why would you expect otherwise?

Nonsense, assumptions are a perfectly natural and normal part of written and visual interaction, general communication would be impossible without them. Ironic of you to slate me for making assumptions when in the same breath you are assuming all sort os things about me, such as the reason I'm doing this is to "win an argument" and "prove a point". I repeat, I am not going to retract a reasonable assumption from your post. If you want to go in circles about this then I am more than happy to continue.

ReputationRep:
    AAAD, yes D, at AS. Hello.

ReputationRep:
    I explained it the first time. If you keep asking why then I am obliged to respond with the same reasoning, why would you expect otherwise?

Nonsense, assumptions are a perfectly natural and normal part of written and visual interaction. I repeat, I am not going to retract a reasonable assumption from your post. If you want to go in circles about this then I am more than happy to continue.
    You actually think the way you responded to me the second time was not rude at all?

ReputationRep:
    You actually think the way you responded to me the second time was not rude at all?
    Blunt, yes. Rude, no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.