Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideal Height? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    What should be the ideal weight of a guy who is 19 and 5,11 tall?
    I really wouldn't know. Check a BMI index.

ReputationRep:
    My ideal height for a boyfriend would be 6"3, I'm like 5"0 so it is a little awkward when I'm with guys that height but I just rrly like how dominating and protective it feels, even just walking with them or cuddling them.

ReputationRep:
    You can probably tell when you look in the mirror as long as your not too self-critical. If you look like a stick and ribs are showing then gain some fat and muscle. If you're so muscly that t-shirts don't fit you very well anymore then try not to work out as much. I like guys that are skinny compared to muscly guys.

ReputationRep:
    amaraub Do you have anything to say? :teehee:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by December126)
    My ideal height for a boyfriend would be 6"3, I'm like 5"0 so it is a little awkward when I'm with guys that height but I just rrly like how dominating and protective it feels, even just walking with them or cuddling them.
    Reminds me of Big Cook, Little Cook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luckystars500)
    You can probably tell when you look in the mirror as long as your not too self-critical. If you look like a stick and ribs are showing then gain some fat and muscle. If you're so muscly that t-shirts don't fit you very well anymore then try not to work out as much. I like guys that are skinny compared to muscly guys.
    You like sknny guys?That's a first.I'm slightly skinny,but almost everyone agrees that I should work out more,and more times than not,girls told me this.

ReputationRep:
    75-80 kg.

ReputationRep:
    You like sknny guys?That's a first.I'm slightly skinny,but almost everyone agrees that I should work out more,and more times than not,girls told me this.
    Don't listen to them. It's how you feel in your own body that counts. You will find girls who think that you don't need to work out. They are around, maybe you've just been asking the wrong people. I prefer skinny guys because I just feel more comfortable around them. Muscles kinda make me feel inferior. Don't know why though, I just rather be hugged to death instead of squeezed.

ReputationRep:
    >in-superior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    6'3

Partly because it's my height, partly because it's about as tall as you can get whilst also being muscular and not look dorkish or lanky.
    TBH the whole discussion is kind of BS. It varies from person to person. It all depends on what sports you play (as well as what role you are within these sports), how muscular you are and body proportion (torso to leg ratio, arms to torso ratio etc). 5 foot 11 is perfectly fine for cricketers at the highest level of play, for basketball it would cap your potential hugely. It also depends on your personality too, the most charismatic people and comedians tend to be around average height. In my school it was always the shortest guys that the girls in the class felt most comfortable with, but I guess there's a huge bias in saying that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appleorpear)
    TBH the whole discussion is kind of BS. It varies from person to person. It all depends on what sports you play (as well as what role you are within these sports), how muscular you are and body proportion (torso to leg ratio, arms to torso ratio etc). 5 foot 11 is perfectly fine for cricketers at the highest level of play, for basketball it would cap your potential hugely. It also depends on your personality too, the most charismatic people and comedians tend to be around average height. In my school it was always the shortest guys that the girls in the class felt most comfortable with, but I guess there's a huge bias in saying that.
    This man is defo Messi's height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    This man is defo Messi's height
    I'm tall but I'm lanky AF. I'd look better if I was a bit shorter tbh atm, I'm hitting the gym to sort it out but it just seems like my body shape isn't great for my height. Also my legs are a bit bigger than they should be in proportion to my height, which means I have a small torso/arms in comparison and isn't great for the sports I play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    amaraub Do you have anything to say? :teehee:
    u still got that noose

ReputationRep:
    5'7 for a girl cos thats my height

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.