Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best Protein Powder I've Ever Used Watch

ReputationRep:
    So for years I've been going through all different brands of protein powder and although they were all good in their own ways, I think I have found the perfect one. Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey is a godsend.

I have been using MyProtein recently and it did taste good and it was cheap but I just couldn't see any results. I started using Optimum Nutrition about two weeks ago and it makes me feel a lot better than MyProtein did and I think my recovery time has improved too. I always over-looked this brand because it was a bit more expensive but I completely understand why now. It is much better quality and I find it much easier to digest. Brands like MaxiMuscle and The Protein Works did get the job done but they either tasted shite or they just didn't digest well. But this Optimum Nutrition Whey is the perfect combination for me and I regret not trying it earlier just because I'm tight with money.

I hope this helps someone!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's not bad but you're paying a premium for the brand. There's nothing special in it and there are cheaper alternatives with a higher protein content.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How much did you get paid to write this post?

ReputationRep:
    **** off shill, MyProtein is more pure.

ReputationRep:
    So wait... MP whey and ON whey boast practically the same amount of protein per 100g, practically the same amino acid profile... yet ON is somehow better and you got better results from it? Alright...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    So wait... MP whey and ON whey boast practically the same amount of protein per 100g, practically the same amino acid profile... yet ON is somehow better and you got better results from it? Alright...
    MP was actually rated as having the most accurate label contents, a few places higher than ON actually. It's also the most value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    MP was actually rated as having the most accurate label contents, a few places higher than ON actually. It's also the most value.
    Indeed. I haven't bought any other whey brand than MP for the last couple years now :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Indeed. I haven't bought any other whey brand than MP for the last couple years now :top:
    Flavour? Strawberry Cream is GOAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Flavour? Strawberry Cream is GOAT.
    I usually buy unflavoured and just flavour it as required with flavour drops. Banana Stevia was my favourite actual flavour, though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.