The Student Room Group

Starbucks, Nandos or Mithell's & Butlers

I am 17. I've done volunteering in the Headstart progamme. I need to choose a place to work. Starbucks, Nando's or Mitchell's & Butlers. I am a shy type, and I don't socialize much (though, I am alright with few 'work-only' words like short-greetings, and food-ordering questions etc not conversations). Which one company would suit me the most? I don't mind the payrate.
(edited 6 years ago)
nandos
do you have job offers from them all? if you're only thinking of applying to one, this isn't a good idea. qualified people apply for hundreds of jobs without a response - apply to all appropriate vacancies.
Original post by fxlloutboyy
do you have job offers from them all? if you're only thinking of applying to one, this isn't a good idea. qualified people apply for hundreds of jobs without a response - apply to all appropriate vacancies.

um, I am only allowed to apply for one via Headstart programme. So I need to choose. I am guaranteed to get a job offer from the one I choose though.
oh you're applying through the programme, I understand. the payrates are all very similar for entry level jobs I believe but all do require good customer service meaning friendly conversations, although it depends on what the role is within the business. I would look at the job descriptions to see how customer focused the roles are, presumably quite a lot.
(edited 6 years ago)
Nandos and the Mitchells and Butlers brands will focus very strongly on customer service as you'll be waiting on restaurant diners for as long as they're dining, compared with Starbucks where the interaction between staff and customers is much shorter and informal. That said, all 3 are public facing roles so will be highly dependant on customer service in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending