Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you drop out of sixth form at any time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I kind of don't like it at Sixth form tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent456)
    I kind of don't like it at Sixth form tbh :/
    That's what i did o_o ... just one day stopped going and didn't look back.

ReputationRep:
    So there is no deadline of dropping out?

ReputationRep:
    Look at other options or get a job if u can. A gap year nowadays doesn't look good. Just have something solid in place before u drop out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please don't do so half-heartedly. Make sure you are absolutely sure about any decisions to make and if you're unsure, speak to someone.

ReputationRep:
    You must be in some sort of formal education until 18, even if it’s just part time, so you will need to have some sort of plan for what you’ll do next

Definitely recommend discussing your options with someone
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Get a apprenticeship or go to a college instead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent456)
    So there is no deadline of dropping out?
    they can't force you to go if you don't want to silly. you can drop out anytime...people won't come knocking on your door to drag you out of bed! That being said you should probably have a plan ready if you decide to drop out...like doing an apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new to tsr and I feel the same except its my parents that are stopping me and I just don't like the strict school environment where I'm treated as a child and the thought of dropping out and taking a gap year of work sounds great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.