Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t tried for chemistry until now and have achieved consistent C’s and D’s. How do you revise for a science subject?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Spend time learning the content, obviously. But don't waste all your time reading and re-reading notes, you'll know the stuff but it's all about practice. Seen as chemistry questions will often be application based, past papers are your best friend. Try them, look for themes in the papers, if you get questions wrong: identify what theme the question is and revisit it in the revision guide/text book and try more questions in that area. Also, read the mark schemes to look for specific words and phrases that examiners like, and also the most succinct way of explaining things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPsych20)
    I haven’t tried for chemistry until now and have achieved consistent C’s and D’s. How do you revise for a science subject?
    I was the same as you for GCSE Chemistry, however I constantly got E’s and U’s. Never really understood it and the teacher didn’t help. CGP and YouTube are a godsend, use YouTube and the internet to your advantage. I watched Chemistry videos from StudySmart Science repeatedly and along with that I made sure I understood everything in the CGP guide. This was all I did for Chemistry, and my first A in Chemistry was from the GCSE exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPsych20)
    Specifically at A level, ask your teacher for question worksheets from old books. Some have books from the last 20 years.... They always have the best questions because they take you through the concepts step by step and integrate your knowledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.