A level government and politics experience

Watch
justastudenttbh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am considering taking politics next year can anybody from experience tell me how difficult it is?
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
If you are reasonably intelligent you'll be fine.
This was my classes final A Level grades:
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D
This was from a bad comprehensive.
My class went from A/B's at AS to B's/C's at A2. Because we did political ideologies at A2, which is tricker than US government which most do at A2. All pretty much do UK government/politics at AS.

So you should look into what modules your school offers. But me and my good friend got A* and A respectively and we were really the only fairly smart ones in the class. So you'll get an A/A* if you're somewhat clever, it isn't that hard.
justastudenttbh
Rep:
?
(Original post by GovernmentEarner)
Hi,
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D
My class went from A/B's at AS to B's/C's at A2. Because we did political ideologies at A2, which is tricker than US government which most do at A2. All pretty much do UK government/politics at AS.

So you should look into what modules your school offers. But me and my good friend got A* and A respectively and we were really the only fairly smart ones in the class. So you'll get an A/A* if you're somewhat clever, it isn't that hard.
thank youu
m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by justastudenttbh)
I am considering taking politics next year can anybody from experience tell me how difficult it is?
I’m doing AS and i love it! There’s a lot of content but it isn’t hard to be honest, as long as you make notes as you go along you’ll be fine! Probably my easiest as level
justastudenttbh
Rep:
?
(Original post by m-k1)
I’m doing AS and i love it! There’s a lot of content but it isn’t hard to be honest, as long as you make notes as you go along you’ll be fine! Probably my easiest as level
thank you also what other a-levels do you take?
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thank you also what other a-levels do you take?
Literature, history and law
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hate it. I'm predicted a b. It's not difficult.. you just have to be reallu up to date with the news and be able to give recent examples.
justastudenttbh
Rep:
?
(Original post by m-k1)
Literature, history and law
what are your plans for university?
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GovernmentEarner)
Hi,
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D

Is Andrew heywood the way to go? Most people in my A2 class literally are trying to memorise the whole book.
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MajorFader)
Is Andrew heywood the way to go? Most people in my A2 class literally are trying to memorise the whole book.
I literally just used Heywood for A2, with a few other notes for bits of the spec he misses out. I got 200/200 at A2 so yeh I would recommend it.
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what are your plans for university?
To be honest I’m not entirely sure yet, it was originally law but I’ve started to consider politics now too
justastudenttbh
Rep:
?
(Original post by m-k1)
To be honest I’m not entirely sure yet, it was originally law but I’ve started to consider politics now too
rank your a levels from easiest to hardest ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.21%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.99%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
12.99%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.25%

Watched Threads