Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WTF do I do. I work at a cocktail bar 4 nights a week. , and have been for 3 months. My boss, who WAS lovely... has started brushing my arse, asking me on dates and even paying me more.

Seems pretty standard right? He’s really good friends with my boyfriend, who I’ve been with for 2 years. Last night my boss text me “I’m horny” and I ignored it.

ADVICE PLZ
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sexual harassment in the workplace is wrong and can be referred to the police. However, it does not have to go this far. All you have to do is to tell your boss you are prepared to make out a written report about his inappropriate actions, give him a copy and send one to his employers. No employer wants to be taken to court for sexual harassment, and there is a workers' tribunal that considers such cases. If he is wise your boss will immediately stop touching you and making suggestions and start being very polite. If not, he is likely to lose his job. If he threatens that you will lose your job if you make out such a report, write up the report and show it to him so that he can see that you are not bluffing. Simply tell him that if you go the report will be sent to his employers. You can also consider turning the matter over to the police if he is stupid enough to fire you. But be wary of the police. They are likely to refer you back to the employers asking if you have made contact with them, or to the workers' tribunal. Finally, the giving you extra money raises my heckles. He may say that you have taken advantage of the situation by accepting this extra money. Make sure you state it and exactly how much in your report. You don't want him to argue that you accepted money from him suggesting you were okay with the harassment!
    Hope things work out, Geoff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.