Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need a new training program Watch

ReputationRep:
    Been doing some mutated form of stronglifts for years now. I feel it’s very squat-heavy and I’m getting tired of the same things over and over again. I try and add in accessory exercises to keep it interesting but I’m not progressing anymore because I’m not consistent. What other programs are out there? - preferably ones that don’t involve a PhD in maths to work out what weight to use.

ReputationRep:
    None involve a PHD in maths, you just make excel do it

Still strength focused, 3 or 4 sessions per week? 531, reactive training system, madcow, PHAT, Texes, cube, juggernaut, Candito's stuff, westside, Sheiko 29-32 or maybe smolov for some short term mixing it up

I think half of being an intermediate is trying different stuff and seeing what works for you just don't change programme every 20mins. Though that said, it's not like you need to get super strong, so if bouncing about every 20mins makes you happy then why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Been doing some mutated form of stronglifts for years now. I feel it’s very squat-heavy and I’m getting tired of the same things over and over again. I try and add in accessory exercises to keep it interesting but I’m not progressing anymore because I’m not consistent. What other programs are out there? - preferably ones that don’t involve a PhD in maths to work out what weight to use.
    Is your main goal strength or hypertrophy?

If strength, switching to 531 BBB template might be a nice transition. If hypertrophy, something like Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine would be a good shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Is your main goal strength or hypertrophy?

If strength, switching to 531 BBB template might be a nice transition. If hypertrophy, something like Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine would be a good shout.
    5/3/1 with BBB looks perfect - I’ve downloaded the app to track my workouts, only thing is I’ll have to be stricter with getting to the gym 4x per week as I’m only going twice at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I've done 531 on three times a week, your training week just becomes longer than a real week but obviously four is better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.