Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maths and English test Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got my maths and English test tomorrow for Midwifery!!! So nervous... does anyone know what questions may be on the maths paper ? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbiwyke01)
    Hi I've got my maths and English test tomorrow for Midwifery!!! So nervous... does anyone know what questions may be on the maths paper ? Xx
    I don’t do midwifery but I do children’s nursing, so I still had to do the English/maths tests. What is in the test will vary from university to university but it’s your basic math and it’s not too hard (coming from me and maths has always been my worst subject.) The English may vary too, at one university the English was 5 multiple choice questions and at another we were given a question and had to write around a page on our views about the question. If you look at the university website, they will often have practice maths and English questions for midwifery/nursing, I would have a look at those and practice them. That is what I did and their practice questions were very similar to the actual test, hope this helps🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmcxo)
    I don’t do midwifery but I do children’s nursing, so I still had to do the English/maths tests. What is in the test will vary from university to university but it’s your basic math and it’s not too hard (coming from me and maths has always been my worst subject.) The English may vary too, at one university the English was 5 multiple choice questions and at another we were given a question and had to write around a page on our views about the question. If you look at the university website, they will often have practice maths and English questions for midwifery/nursing, I would have a look at those and practice them. That is what I did and their practice questions were very similar to the actual test, hope this helps🙈
    Thank you for your reply. I haven't done maths for years as I'm 29 now but I've been revising so I hope I'll be ok. I've done a couple practise papers too from various university but I'm always hearing how hard Wolverhampton is!! So I'm worried. Thank you I will keep practising xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.