Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    any advice on getting a solid A in the speaking exam for french a-level? im stressin as the idea of only having 5 minutes to prepare an unseen card is terrifying
    any help on how to use those 5 minutes effectively? i always seem to run out of time and i haven’t even got to the 3rd question, let alone thought about the 2 questions i have to ask the examiner!!

cheers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heisenbatch)
    any advice on getting a solid A in the speaking exam for french a-level? im stressin as the idea of only having 5 minutes to prepare an unseen card is terrifying
    any help on how to use those 5 minutes effectively? i always seem to run out of time and i haven’t even got to the 3rd question, let alone thought about the 2 questions i have to ask the examiner!!

cheers
    I'm doing the A-level too. Did you do the AS? I don't know if this will get you an a but I found making a set of five question structures that could be changed according to the topic useful for the as. also learn lots of set phrases so you don't need to worry about structure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna257)
    I'm doing the A-level too. Did you do the AS? I don't know if this will get you an a but I found making a set of five question structures that could be changed according to the topic useful for the as. also learn lots of set phrases so you don't need to worry about structure
    we did a mock of the AS, but i still struggle with preparing the cards in such little time!
    thank you for your advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heisenbatch)
    we did a mock of the AS, but i still struggle with preparing the cards in such little time!
    thank you for your advice!
    do you have access to a French person who you can practise speaking with? we're really lucky at school as we have a French assistant so we practise a card/just speaking nearly every week. I found it helpful to wing it a few times with no preparation at all to see what I could make up on the spot. if you have someone you could talk to even if it's not a card it's really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna257)
    do you have access to a French person who you can practise speaking with? we're really lucky at school as we have a French assistant so we practise a card/just speaking nearly every week. I found it helpful to wing it a few times with no preparation at all to see what I could make up on the spot. if you have someone you could talk to even if it's not a card it's really useful
    yeah we have a speaking lesson once a week for an hour, but it generally just turns into a chat rather than proper work... and i end up feeling underprepared!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.