Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

So, applications open tomorrow for Irish universities and I was thinking of applying. I’m from the UK but don’t mind the idea of going to Dublin for medicine. I am just a bit concerned about the potential of being out of the UK system for medical school but having not been through any system I am not really sure if this is a reasonable concern?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Maths678)
    Hi everyone,

So, applications open tomorrow for Irish universities and I was thinking of applying. I’m from the UK but don’t mind the idea of going to Dublin for medicine. I am just a bit concerned about the potential of being out of the UK system for medical school but having not been through any system I am not really sure if this is a reasonable concern?
    Hi, are you potentially looking at coming back to the UK to practice after finishing your degree/training?

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/regist...ce_ireland.asp

^maybe this link will help? if you want to come back to practice it seems like it is definitely possible :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Hi, are you potentially looking at coming back to the UK to practice after finishing your degree/training?

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/regist...ce_ireland.asp

^maybe this link will help? if you want to come back to practice it seems like it is definitely possible :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your reply. I don’t think here would be an issue with eligibility. I’m just wondering whether not doing undergrad in the NHS would mean I would be less prepared for medicine in the UK if I did decide to return. Also would it be disadvantageous to have an Irish degree vs a U.K. one when applying to specialty posts? I know this is the general consensus for som other EU degrees, but in what regard would Ireland be held?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.