Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University have changed their entry requirements after I applied? Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I applied to Cardiff and originally their website said their offer would be ABB-BBC for the course I want to do which was great as I'm predicted ABB. However, I've just looked again and it has suddenly been changed to AAB? I'm worried now as I have applied to two places that are above my predicted grades instead of one. I'm not really sure what I'm asking tbh I'm just confused as I didn't know they could change them like that

ReputationRep:
    When did you last check the entry grades - and when did you actually apply?

Unis do often change entry requirements just before the UCAS cycle starts - but once applications are underway, then entry requirements should stay the same (it would be unfair if they changed them now for instance).

If you checked in August, and didnt recheck before you applied in November (for instance) then its quite possible the entry requirements could have changed in the interim.

If however you actually do have evidence that the requirements were changed online after UCAS opened for new applications - and i mean concrete evidence, not just 'I think it said' - then email that evidence to the University.

ReputationRep:
    Email them and ask them what the entry requirements currently are for 2017 entry.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    When did you last check the entry grades - and when did you actually apply?

Unis do often change entry requirements just before the UCAS cycle starts - but once applications are underway, then entry requirements should stay the same (it would be unfair if they changed them now for instance).

If you checked in August, and didnt recheck before you applied in November (for instance) then irs quite possible the entry requirements could have changed in the interim.
    I applied a week ago and I remember checking the website around 2-3 weeks ago and they were definitely ABB-BBC :/

ReputationRep:
    Email the Uni and (politely and calmly) point this out. But be very certain of your facts before you do - for instance were you looking at two different courses and got the entry requirements confused - or even a different Uni? If you start to dispute this, and they say 'it hasnt changed' you might have to accept it was your mistake. And, be aware that unless you can prove this (ie. an email from the Uni dated 3 weeks ago or a dated download of the webpage) you are on shaky ground here. 'I remember' ... doesn't actually prove anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxlxlee)
    I applied a week ago and I remember checking the website around 2-3 weeks ago and they were definitely ABB-BBC :/
    Try this to see if the page really has changed: http://web.archive.org

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i have seen the same thing with cardiff. though it's slightly different. my course had a range offer AAA-ABB. they've removed the range and is now AAA only all in a span of last 2 weeks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.