100.00%
    bristol
    0%
    sussex
    0%
    newcastle
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student applying for uni next fall. I know I haven't get the offer ye t but I just really want to know which uni I should have in mind. I want to go to a more prestigious uni but at the same time I know that my career prospect is the most important and also I don't want it to be too theoretical. I want to study film and media/media production by the way. It is so hard to decide and I couldn't go to an open day so please help!
    Thanks a lot in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the overall 'most prestigous' uni out of those is probably Bristol. However, I know Newcastle & Goldsmiths are specfically good for that subject. I think Bristol/Newcastle's course is quite theoretical while Goldsmiths is quite practical. Although most of those courses have no exams anyway so It doesn't matter that much if there's some theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnie_yth)
    I'm an international student applying for uni next fall. I know I haven't get the offer ye t but I just really want to know which uni I should have in mind. I want to go to a more prestigious uni but at the same time I know that my career prospect is the most important and also I don't want it to be too theoretical. I want to study film and media/media production by the way. It is so hard to decide and I couldn't go to an open day so please help!
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Are any of these courses (which ones have you applied to?) particularly practical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnie_yth)
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    That is a brilliant selection! You certainly won't be bored in any of those cities or areas you're considering.

I can't speak for the other courses, but are you aware Goldsmiths is 8th in the world for communication and media studies (QS World University Rankings by subject 2017)

If you've got any more questions please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Hi, the overall 'most prestigous' uni out of those is probably Bristol. However, I know Newcastle & Goldsmiths are specfically good for that subject. I think Bristol/Newcastle's course is quite theoretical while Goldsmiths is quite practical. Although most of those courses have no exams anyway so It doesn't matter that much if there's some theory.
    I heard the same thing, Bristol is ranked really high in the world rankings(and the tuition fee is the highest among all ugh). I looked into the modules and it looks pretty good to me, also it says there's a lot of connections with the industry on the website and I wish someone can tell me more about it. I think Goldsmiths' courses are really good but the location is in London, and I kinda don't like big cities and it'll be expensive to live there.
    Anyway, thanks for replying, please tell me more if you know anything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.