Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I might have made a mistake with my a level choices? Picked biology chemistry and maths, but I feel like there’s so so much content and it’s never going to get in my head! Advice??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Biology is pretty content heavy, with more of a focus on application in the 2nd year. That's what I've found so far anyway. Chemistry has a little less content wise, but more of a focus on application. So for both these subjects the best way to keep on top of everything is make good notes in your lessons, read them over at home and make sure you're happy with the content side, then try some past paper questions on the topics and see if you can apply your knowledge and familiarise yourself with the kind of questions they ask. If you start now, you should be okay.

Can't comment on maths cause I don't do it, but I assume you should just do a tonne of past papers and questions rather than trying to learn notes as you might for biology say. Hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessrbarkley)
    I feel like I might have made a mistake with my a level choices? Picked biology chemistry and maths, but I feel like there’s so so much content and it’s never going to get in my head! Advice??
    Many students take this combination and do fine, and you can too. If you are determined to do well:

Revise as you go. Don't let fundamental chemistry principles escape you without understanding them, as some are the foundation for more advanced topics later in your course. Ask friends, teachers, ask Google, ask here - whenever you can't get your head around a topic.
    Consider tuition if you think you need time one-to-one with a subject expert each week.

And work past paper questions on your topics. Where you don't understand the answer, come back here and ask. (Or you teacher, tutor, whoever can help).

This way you are doing it piece by piece. From your statement above you are looking at the mountain and not the steps...one step at a time is how to get there.

ReputationRep:
    r u related to ross barkley he is such a sh8t football player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSCSE316)
    r u related to ross barkley he is such a sh8t football player
    😑nope lolol

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you find the right method that allows you to study efficiently, there is a lot to cover but try using different sources e.g. Youtube videos, CGP Books or just discussing difficult topics with your friends (this is what i do). The latter allows all parties to benefit from the discussion simultaneously, hence why i often use do it when walking home or just relaxing at the end of the day in school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.