Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so, a burglar just broke into my flat room at Oxney House, Manchester... Watch

ReputationRep:
    so the damn thief broke and shattered my window to pieces from outside in less than 1 minute and stole my expensive laptop. I was taking a shower when that happen and didnt have any chance to go out and confront them since i was.. well, naked and defenseless and he might have dangerous weapon to kill me.

I just want to notify people who might consider living in Oxney House or any wearehomeforstudents' other properties that the security is COMPLETE ****. there is no warden receptionist to monitor people, the gate is... nonexistent and there is no window protection or iron bar. basically thief can go and smash the window whenever they feel like it and stole whatever the **** you have and get away with it easily.

I'm quite uninformed about the UK police (i'm foreign student), but I think they are completely incompetent too!. there are clear CCTV footage AND somebody at other building across actually recorded the whole thing with clear quality. yet there is 0 news from them about the update. so, CCTV is useless since police is also useless bunch who can't track jackshit even with many footage and weapon that the thief left behind.

don't live there, 0 security. if you insist to live there, don't ever live in ground floor. there is absolutely 0 protection against thief. wearehomeforstudents also quite an ******* too, they don't want to give me compensation whatsoever for my missing laptop even though it's not my fault or negligence that my room got completely destroyed, but it's purely because of their godawful security fault.

please notify people if you live in manchester, or maybe help me find a way to get my compensation

sorry if this is inappropriate subforum to talk about this, just want to inform y'all about this
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any contents insurance?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.