Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Texas church attack leaves 27 dead, 20+ injured Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Shooting happened in the community of Sutherland Springs, Texas, a town of about 1000 people. This shooting will most likely have a huge impact on the people living there. Incredibly sad to see yet another attack on Christians. May they truly rest in peace by the side of the Lord.

ReputationRep:
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"- John 15:18

Heartbroken to hear of this horrendous incident. Sadly not uncommon in the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emms98)
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"- John 15:18

Heartbroken to hear of this horrendous incident. Sadly not uncommon in the US
    Sadly not. Again, it is incredibly sad that hundreds of people have lost relatives and friends today, we know that the victims are with God now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In a place of worship... So sad

ReputationRep:
    Who shall we blame this time? The Amish?

ReputationRep:
    And when thousands of Rohingya Muslims are killed we don't see this sort of continuous breaking news coverage sadly. Really sad to hear of this terrorist attack.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desaf1)
    And when thousands of Rohingya Muslims are killed we don't see this sort of continuous breaking news coverage sadly. Really sad to hear of this terrorist attack.
    Are you high? It was front page of the BBC for a week straight. There were threads about it on TSR too.

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
      In a place of worship... So sad
      Why does being in a place of delusion make it any sadder than, say, a strip club?
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      Why does being in a place of delusion make it any sadder than, say, a strip club?
      It doesn't make it any sadder but a place of worship is the last place you'd expect to be killed. They are meant to be sacred places of peace and love.

ReputationRep:
      Because, places of worship are supposed to be safe, holy places where people don't have to worry about the violence of day to day life.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      Very horrific news

ReputationRep:
      This isn't the time for this sort of comment

ReputationRep:
      wow, so shocking,
      does america still count as a first world country as this rate
      • Section Leader
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      At least 27 dead. Horrendous stuff.

I'm sure we'll all move on within a week or two much like Las Vegas right? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Trapz99)
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Shooting happened in the community of Sutherland Springs, Texas, a town of about 1000 people. This shooting will most likely have a huge impact on the people living there. Incredibly sad to see yet another attack on Christians. May they truly rest in peace by the side of the Lord.
      I’d bet on it being some gun nut rather than a terrorist based on where the attack was
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      So sad that these things go on so often in America.

May they rest in peace
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by paul514)
      I’d bet on it being some gun nut rather than a terrorist based on where the attack was
      I agree, it could easily be another Dylann Roof Charleston style race attack.

ReputationRep:
      Terrible.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but they need to accept the fact that guns are the problem. How often do you hear of similar cases in the UK?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by paul514)
      Whoever did it, if the attack was against a religion then it is a terrorist attack and the shooter is a terrorist.

ReputationRep:
      "May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas" - Trump.

He was with them. Isn't that the point of church?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.