Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Texas church attack leaves 27 dead, 20+ injured Watch

(Original post by Anonymoususer16)
      Because, places of worship are supposed to be safe, holy places where people don't have to worry about the violence of day to day life.
      Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events. Everywhere should be safe from that kind of violence, the kind of violence that your ideologies (Islam, Christianity) are plaguing our societies with.

ReputationRep:
      Absolutely heartbreaking. Another senseless loss of life, in just a few short moments
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
      I agree, it could easily be another Dylann Roof Charleston style race attack.
      Given the demographics of the county, that seems unlikely. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
      Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events.
      They pretty much are, in the US. If they don't average at least one per day each year, then they really can't be far off. 28 last month according to the BBC

Like bombs in the middle-east, or famine in Africa... most of it goes unreported abroad. And when they are, is anybody really shocked by it anymore?

It's sad for those that lose their lives, but a symptom of the country's failure to fight the problem.

ReputationRep:
      Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events. Everywhere should be safe from that kind of violence, the kind of violence that your ideologies (Islam, Christianity) are plaguing our societies with.
      I would say go and find a good reason why you hate Jesus.

ReputationRep:
      Continued prayers for all who are suffering, having to deal with these awful crimes and the fall out.

ReputationRep:
      Insanity. George Carlin called it years ago.

ReputationRep:
      In America, guns (objects) are considered more valuable than people, especially when those people come from certain ethnic or religious backgrounds. They can push for policies to limit the number of people from certain backgrounds coming in and to restrict their rights as a result of the actions of people who look like them. But you must never suggest implementing a policy to limit guns. Don't even think about it!
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Just because the attacker was a Christian does not mean Christianity is to blame, does it? I pray for the 27 souls lost today.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Racoon)
        I would say go and find a good reason why you hate Jesus.
        I don't hate Jesus. The poor guy was a deluded fool, but obviously well-meaning.

I don't like the cult that formed around him, nor the cult that it originated from, nor its brother cult.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
        I don't hate Jesus. The poor guy was a deluded fool, but obviously well-meaning.

I don't like the cult that formed around him, nor the cult that it originated from, nor its brother cult.
        Edgy. Hitchens would be proud. Still unsure as to how this is relevant though. A bunch of Christians got gunned down so it’s probably impolite to start debating the merits of religion on this thread. But then again, this is TSR :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
        I'd say something needs to be done.

But this is America. So lets all say a prayer and pretend to act surprised when it happens again.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
        Edgy. Hitchens would be proud. Still unsure as to how this is relevant though. A bunch of Christians got gunned down so it’s probably impolite to start debating the merits of religion on this thread. But then again, this is TSR :dontknow:
        n&ca on here has always been aids. There will be more neckbeards here tomorrow
        • Political Ambassador
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JMR2017)
        Just because the attacker was a Christian does not mean Christianity is to blame, does it? I pray for the 27 souls lost today.
        I agree. Same should apply for when a muslim does it though. Sad nonetheless, what this world has come to... Brutal violence and insanity.
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by shameful_burrito)
        I agree. Same should apply for when a muslim does it though. Sad nonetheless, what this world has come to... Brutal violence and insanity.
        Yeah I agree terrorism has no religion!

ReputationRep:
        All I’ve seen as a description is the guy was white, how do we know his motives or religion?

I’d say it’s unlikely he is a Christian as he just shot 50 of them on purpose as his chosen victims

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Trapz99)
        This isn't the time for this sort of comment
        I don't think it's affecting anything outside of this particular section of this particular thread on TSR. And even in this specific space its effect is insubstantial.

ReputationRep:
        Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events.
        Unless you're American.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by shameful_burrito)
        He wasn't even Christian, boys :rofl:

ReputationRep:
        What i find the most ironic thing about it is that all those pro gun nuts in the US always tried to argue “Mass shootings would NEVER happen in an open carry state like Texas”. WELL...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.