Turn on thread page Beta

is a watch a sensible birthday purchase? watch

ReputationRep:
    it's going to be my birthday (18) soon and I don't know if it's really sensible to spend a lot on a watch? p.s. I'm looking at buying this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emporio-Arm...mani+watch#Ask
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That's a lot less than I initially expected for a watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    That's a lot less than I initially expected for a watch.
    lol the price is a bargain imo

ReputationRep:
    Buy cheap or buy expensive, OP. Don't buy £150 fashion label stuff. It's just the cheap stuff with a large percentage added for the brand name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Buy cheap or buy expensive, OP. Don't buy £150 fashion label stuff. It's just the cheap stuff with a large percentage added for the brand name.
    Ditto. OP, it's go big or go home. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I'm not going to have that much to buy the rolex or other swiss watches lol

ReputationRep:
    The kind of timepiece whose elegant marriage of precision assembly, premium materials and overall design pedigree would rightfully command a £130 price-tag? Sure.

That piece of ostentatious tat? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The kind of timepiece whose elegant marriage of precision assembly, premium materials and overall design pedigree would rightfully command a £130 price-tag? Sure.

That piece of ostentatious tat? No.
    any recommended watches? I was also thinking about a rotary watch
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Its a sound birthday present idea.
    I would say that an Armani watch is grossly overpriced for what it is though.

I think it's a great watch, I love the all black. I don't understand what everyone's problem is haha, you should buy it. Why would an 18yo need a rolex?

ReputationRep:
    I have a few watches, one Armani - AR2434 which I really like (mainly due to its stylish look) http://nunodistro.com/wp-content/upl...let-Watch.jpeg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpman123)
    I'm not going to have that much to buy the rolex or other swiss watches lol
    I'm not saying you have to buy a luxury watch. Nothing wrong with not wanting to spend that sort of money. I'm just saying don't pay over the odds for what is essentially a very cheap watch just because it says 'Armani' on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpman123)
    any recommended watches? I was also thinking about a rotary watch
    Rotary, Citizen and Seiko would all be respectable options at that price-point.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Pulsar watch that cost me £50 in the sale. I’d wait until after Christmas & go on watchshop.com.
    Here you can get expensive watches for a much cheaper price, as it’s likely to be on sale

Right now there is a 50% sale on watches. I’d go check it out

ReputationRep:
    I had a good answer for you but apparently editing one word means that your entire post messes up.

In short, better to buy from the likes of Tissot, Timex and Fossil than Hugo Boss, Armani etc.
    I’m pretty sure UNiDAYS has a discount code for WatchShop too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.