Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to whom ever stumbled across my new blog!

I am a current sixth former going through my last year in the hopes of getting into my chosen university. However these hopes seem far away due to my inability to stay focused given that my attention span is that of a fish. My study habits come in flurries where I find myself either eager to write up my flashcards or binging on episodes of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This, therefore brings me to the reason I am here. In order to achieve my needed 3 As I see writing this blog as a good escape and a place for my thoughts and goals. Although I can't promise that the advice I give is good or if my study plans are 100% full proof, I can promise that if you are like me and continuously procrastinate then join the struggle!

Join me in my journey of the good, the bad and the ugly sides of high school!

Yours truly,
    The Procrastinator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth_greggor)
    Hello to whom ever stumbled across my new blog!

I am a current sixth former going through my last year in the hopes of getting into my chosen university. However these hopes seem far away due to my inability to stay focused given that my attention span is that of a fish. My study habits come in flurries where I find myself either eager to write up my flashcards or binging on episodes of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This, therefore brings me to the reason I am here. In order to achieve my needed 3 As I see writing this blog as a good escape and a place for my thoughts and goals. Although I can't promise that the advice I give is good or if my study plans are 100% full proof, I can promise that if you are like me and continuously procrastinate then join the struggle!

Join me in my journey of the good, the bad and the ugly sides of high school!

Yours truly,
    The Procrastinator.
    That was like the introduction to a book I am in first year of sixth year and basically idk how I am going to complete these coming years hahaha I didn’t revise at all for my gcse apart from one exam (T4 maths - hence my username - because the past papers didn’t help at all and therefore I gave up).
    I am also like you in the fact that I get motivated to do random revision (Or rather note making) in flurries but then after a while I’m like nah
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T4wreckedme)
    That was like the introduction to a book I am in first year of sixth year and basically idk how I am going to complete these coming years hahaha I didn’t revise at all for my gcse apart from one exam (T4 maths - hence my username - because the past papers didn’t help at all and therefore I gave up).
    I am also like you in the fact that I get motivated to do random revision (Or rather note making) in flurries but then after a while I’m like nah
    Yeah I probably should have mentioned I am extremely into reading and therefore I get a bit too into writing things! Well I hope your other GCSE exams were more successful! And honestly, I would just say to make revision materials early is the best thing to do. I take psychology and it is so so helpful that I already have the units from last year into a stack of flashcards. My brothers always tell me that sixth form is the hardest years but after that its a breeze! And haha I'm glad I'm not alone in the random revision situation as that is currently happening to me now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth_greggor)
    Yeah I probably should have mentioned I am extremely into reading and therefore I get a bit too into writing things! Well I hope your other GCSE exams were more successful! And honestly, I would just say to make revision materials early is the best thing to do. I take psychology and it is so so helpful that I already have the units from last year into a stack of flashcards. My brothers always tell me that sixth form is the hardest years but after that its a breeze! And haha I'm glad I'm not alone in the random revision situation as that is currently happening to me now!
    Don’t worry your writing style is nice to read other GCSEs went decently. When I said that last message of mine I had just finished making notes for HE (or nutrition and food science as it’s proper name) but now I can’t be bothered again hahaha.
    My sisters both said that about sixth year, one went on and didn’t even bother going to university and the other one is hoping to do an art course... also doesn’t help that our school isn’t the most helpful in subject wise. They are only helpful for those doing medicine... which is sad because others have so much potential elsewhere but the school doesn’t recognise it.
    I want to have another random revision note making motivation because I have school exams in 2 weeks and I need to get my act together!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Helllooo to anyone who may read this

Today, unfortunately, has been another day of doing nothing. Although I went to the gym after a long day at school - which failed to be interesting, I have still managed to leave all the work due in tomorrow to the dark hours of the night. So now I am completely my drama portfolio about this dude who told his wife she was a bad actress and they never spoke again and even lived in seperate parts of the house. Extreme. Although typing is monotonous its so much nicer than handwriting a scruffy essay. That being said when I have enough energy I take about 2 hours to do one side of A4 because details matter. Anyway tomorrow is Friday thank the lord so then the weekend offers a nice break for me to fully accept that ‘winter is coming’ )

ReputationRep:
    I had a full day off and did the same , I have a couple of days where I work tirelessly all day and some days I do zilch . It works for me to get the work in longer , more crammed days , as opposed to a little every day. This does always lead to a few days of unnecessary stress , but that means I don’t have a choice in doing the work :laugh: ! I’m doing a masters now so it works for me .

Good luck with your alevels , I hope you get in the uni you want x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.