Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He tells people he wants me back but doesn't message me Watch

He says to my friends that he misses me and still loves me and hasn't been with anyone since because they haven't compared. But why is he not doing anything about it? He broke up with me so I don't want to be the one to initiate conversation.

A while ago he asked to meet up and I said no because I thought it was too soon. It's been a while since that, but do you think that scared him off? Or do you think he doesn't actually want to enter a relationship with me and is just feeling lonely/insecure.

I haven't decided what I want but it's constantly hanging over me because I don't know what his true intentions are. I feel like I can't move on. It's been nearly a year since we broke up and I thought I was over it but hearing this stuff is making me question things.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He says to my friends that he misses me and still loves me and hasn't been with anyone since because they haven't compared. But why is he not doing anything about it? He broke up with me so I don't want to be the one to initiate conversation.

A while ago he asked to meet up and I said no because I thought it was too soon. It's been a while since that, but do you think that scared him off? Or do you think he doesn't actually want to enter a relationship with me and is just feeling lonely/insecure.

I haven't decided what I want but it's constantly hanging over me because I don't know what his true intentions are. I feel like I can't move on. It's been nearly a year since we broke up and I thought I was over it but hearing this stuff is making me question things.
    Both those things could hold true that you mentioned in your second paragraph.

You said it's been nearly a year so he's been holding on to something (not necessarily through the whole time but not the point) that only exists in his head, which I have done and it is not great - so it's hard to tel if he wants you back or the version of you that he remembers, kind of.

You need him out of your life to make a decision, by your own admittance. So if a friend approaches you saying '...' then you may wish to ask them not to bring it up or just to leave it be.

ReputationRep:
    You rejected him why would he ask a second time? He already knows the answer is no lol. Silly thread.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    You rejected him why would he ask a second time? He already knows the answer is no lol. Silly thread.
    Lol he was the one who broke my heart. Then later on decided to message asking for a drink. I knew I wasn't in a good enough place to meet up so I said not yet. I didn't think I should feel bad for turning down a drink, when he was the one who broke up with me so I don't really owe him anything. Anyway this was months ago.
    Since then I started hearing more from friends that he still likes me. But he hasn't messaged again.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same -- I broke up with him and then he ignored me for 5 months (this was like 5 years ago so we were still in school) then all of a sudden he's telling my friend he wants to get back with me because he never stopped caring and all that came from this was me feeling like crap all the time for about 2 months and then we never spoke again. Here I am, 5 years later, in a very happy relationship with absolutely zero regrets about not trying again. I'd say just ignore him and let him get over it, that's what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lol he was the one who broke my heart. Then later on decided to message asking for a drink. I knew I wasn't in a good enough place to meet up so I said not yet. I didn't think I should feel bad for turning down a drink, when he was the one who broke up with me so I don't really owe him anything. Anyway this was months ago.
    Since then I started hearing more from friends that he still likes me. But he hasn't messaged again.
    well ye doesn't change anything lol. you said no last time he asked so no point asking again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.