Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Its okay to be white! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So "it's okay to be white posters" have sprung up all across america and sparked outrage from the progressive leftists,with some saying they are an attack on minority's.So just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

ReputationRep:
    everyone is offended these days i say we just exterminate the human race tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hshshsghs)
    So "it's okay to be white posters" have sprung up all across america and sparked outrage from the progressive leftists,with some saying they are an attack on minority's.So just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?
    OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hshshsghs)
    Where I work in London, I am an ethnic minority _ i am white, British and middle class. I am fine with it because the ethnic people around me are British, middle class and brown..... and funny! We don't see each other as different, we blend in perfectly and I actually like it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad people have put those up. Too many think minorities can't be racist but they can and white people are usually the ones they attack most.

People forget not all whites were for the slave trade years ago and I'm not racist for something that someone else did years ago anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they're not wrong. Just seems a bit of an odd message - although there's been an increase in people going nuts over race recently.

ReputationRep:
    It IS okay to be white. It's okay to be any race. The far left, and the far right, really need to understand this.

Actually, I think this whole thing was a /pol trolling session that people overreacted to.

ReputationRep:
    my response: thanks for reaffirming this

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with them!! Black supremacy is just as bad as white supremacy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being white, just like with any other race.
    It should be blatantly obvious that white people nowadays aren't responsible for slavery and blacks nowadays didn't even suffer from it, so they should quit asking for reparations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Where I work in London, I am an ethnic minority _ i am white, British and middle class. I am fine with it because the ethnic people around me are British, middle class and brown..... and funny! We don't see each other as different, we blend in perfectly and I actually like it.
    Is this an attempt at humour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by December126)
    I totally agree with them!! Black supremacy is just as bad as white supremacy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being white, just like with any other race.
    It should be blatantly obvious that white people nowadays aren't responsible for slavery and blacks nowadays didn't even suffer from it, so they should quit asking for reparations.
    There are still people nowadays who's families profited from slavery all over Britain, if your family profited from slavery you are still responsible. Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations.

ReputationRep:
    lol why is this in grow your grades?

ReputationRep:
    I just hope that they have the same posters for every other skin tone too. But probably not. That just me being pessimistic -- or am I being realistic??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    wtf is going on, why is this such a big deal

it's contributing to the same overall message of acceptance of oneself, isn't that what everyone wants? sick of this sh*t

people too busy arguing amongst themselves than tackling f*cking real issues, this is why nothing gets done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    There are still people nowadays who's families profited from slavery all over Britain, if your family profited from slavery you are still responsible. Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations.
    How is someone responsible for the actions of their ancestors, what a silly concept. This inherited guilt is dangerous and only leads to hate and resentment from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matwillis)
    How is someone responsible for the actions of their ancestors, what a silly concept. This inherited guilt is dangerous and only leads to hate and resentment from both sides.
    Because you have profited from it, you enjoy the profits and ill gains of your ancestors thus you are responsible. You can ignore it and sweep it under the carpet but it's a fact. This is not a concept this is real life, it's not something I have made up.

ReputationRep:
    why is this thread back again?? I swear it hasn't even been a week since the last one died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    That's true but it's difficult to find those people, imagine if the government found the wrong ppl and ended up demanding huge amounts of money from some random while person who's very poor? That would be stupid.

ReputationRep:
    It is racist to be White!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by December126)
    That's true but it's difficult to find those people, imagine if the government found the wrong ppl and ended up demanding huge amounts of money from some random while person who's very poor? That would be stupid.
    One of the things the British are brilliant at is keeping records and there was a programme in the past on channel 4 of those all around Britain who got paid in compensation when slavery was abolished. Who says they are poor? That's just your assumption.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.