Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I started my uni course in september doing computer games technology and since I have been doing it for nearly two months I just have no motivation to do the course at all now. I just sit in my room most nights watching things rather than doing work because I just don't feel like this is what I want to do and this is the wrong course for me. I am planning on having a meeting with my personal tutor next week but I think dropping out may be the best thing for me.
    First of all,
    If I drop out now or soonish will student finance take back any of the maintenance loan they have already given me?
    How much tuition will need to be paid?
    Is there anyway I can get out of my accommodation contract?
    Thank you

    Hi, as far as I am aware, if you drop out now, you won't receive any more maintenance payments and you will have to pay back what you were given. In terms of tuition, you will need to pay back in proportion to the time that you have studied. You need to get into contact with student finance as soon as possible, you would pay back under the same conditions as normal (when you earn over £21,000?).

    In terms of your accommodation contract, you need to speak to the person responsible (accommodation manager or landlord). Most likely you will be liable for the rest of the term/year. In that case, try to find a replacement who can take over your contract completely (so you wouldn't need to pay anything) or get it at a reduced rate (you would pay some of the cost, but you would lose less money)
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.