Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birmingham accent is the worst and the city is terrible Watch

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is a proper city, not some clone place. What distinguishes it from many cities is that the canals are a focal point of part of its scene. Birmingham has
    at least one of the highest ranked schools in the country (King Edward VI High Girls School) and a highly ranked university (16th according to
    https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings , not to be sniffed at- ranks at the very top (in top 10- top 1 in some cases) of all universities for some subjects e.g. Philosophy, Physics, English, American Studies, Music, Drama, History, Psychology,
    Sociology, Theology, French, German, Italian.) It has proper green spaces in its suburbs, including Bourneville where Cadbury has a factory and musuem.

I'm from the north east and have no link to the West Midlands at all but it's a fine area, with a fine industrial heritage, which is also not far from some of the prosperous 'heart of England' like Stratford-upon-Avon and picturesque areas like Worcestershire and, only a little further,
    Shropshire. Bourneville itself is prosperous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Or Southern England
    i'd dash them out of any window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    don't even say anything when you're more clapped than the whole of Birmingham
    Surprising to see a Brummie string a sentence together. What language do you guys speak in Birmingham?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Birmingham is madddddd. The accent can be horrible but the city is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    OP actually made their account today just to make this thread lmaooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Surprising to see a Brummie string a sentence together. What language do you guys speak in Birmingham?
    Surely not whatever Clapped language you speak

ReputationRep:
    Surely not whatever Clapped language you speak
    We speak English. I’m surprised you can read this.

ReputationRep:
    I’m surprised you haven’t committed because of your tapped self. Who’s “we” bc you’re the only one @ me smh move
    “We” as in the rest of the country. I know, it’s too much information for you to take in.

ReputationRep:
    “We” as in the rest of the country. I know, it’s too much information for you to take in.
    Y so triggered. We don’t like you either so what’s your point bmt?

ReputationRep:
    Y so triggered. We don’t like you either so what’s your point bmt?
    Name:  6E5339F7-9328-4483-AD1B-42AB1C7D9ED3.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  30.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikasadoge)
    sample size: one night out, excellent basis for your opinion.
    That (fictional) one night out is probably more than most people who have posted on this thread.

I'm from Birmingham well I've lived there most of my life, a strong "brummie" accent is kinda annoying sometimes, more so if the person is a **** but most people don't have a strong accent, probably sounds weird to you since you obviously don't live there or hear hear it a lot. The city is pretty good, even relative to other big cities in England so idk why you have a problem with the actual city lol.
    I don't get it. There seems to be a genuine hatred for all things Birmingham and its usually the same posters.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  6E5339F7-9328-4483-AD1B-42AB1C7D9ED3.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  30.1 KB
    Name:  07AF0B1B-DD7A-4777-8E6A-21F123519BA8.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  45.8 KBHow I go to sleep knowing I’m not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    :rofl:

Disabled English. It should be classed as a separate language and called "Disablism" :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

it's a joke brummies. Don't get butt hurt

😂😂😂

Go easy on them. They already have to endure a lot being from Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That (fictional) one night out is probably more than most people who have posted on this thread.

I don't get it. There seems to be a genuine hatred for all things Birmingham and its usually the same posters.
    most of it's probably bants lol or trying to get a reaction out of someone. OP is probs a troll lel

ReputationRep:
    Name:  07AF0B1B-DD7A-4777-8E6A-21F123519BA8.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  45.8 KBHow I go to sleep knowing I’m not you.
    I’m glad I’m not you 😂

ReputationRep:
    ummm have you ever been to wolverhampton or dudley?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikasadoge)
    most of it's probably bants lol or trying to get a reaction out of someone. OP is probs a troll lel
    I don't think it is. The thread might be a troll but people do have those opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I live in Birmingham
    I don't have the accent, so it's all good
    The city isn't the worst in the uk though
    Murder capital of England though, represent!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Birmingham. The strong brummie accent is f***ing ugly. The city on the other hand is decent IMO and I wouldn't say there is many cities that are MUCH better

ReputationRep:
    I think Brum is ****ing great. I go a few times a year between music stuff and pissups, love the place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.