Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birmingham accent is the worst and the city is terrible watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    how do you live in bham but dont have the acccent?:rofl:
    n long time no see
    Because I don't
    I haven't lived in Birmingham my whole life so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    ummm have you ever been to wolverhampton or dudley?
    exactly i live in one of those trashy areas

ReputationRep:
    Better than Bristol with all its vegan [email protected]/hipsters. Proper bare mad gangs and decent asian food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    i'd dash them out of any window
    And spray pepper in their eyes

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the city isn't too bad. The other month, I saw a man dancing and shouting at people walking past, a circle of people with Anonymous masks and this was the day after a guy got tasered for having a knife.

There's nothing better than walking through Fletcher's path thinking you have a high chance of being stabbed or mugged, or walking out of H&M and hearing religious rants.

Great city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    And spray pepper in their eyes
    Lmao I got reported and I also got a warning lololol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lmao I got reported and I also got a warning lololol
    About half of my comments get reported. At this rate I'll get a ban real soon :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid The Kid)
    Hey, the city isn't too bad. The other month, I saw a man dancing and shouting at people walking past, a circle of people with Anonymous masks and this was the day after a guy got tasered for having a knife.

There's nothing better than walking through Fletcher's path thinking you have a high chance of being stabbed or mugged, or walking out of H&M and hearing religious rants.

Great city
    Lololol I always go out of H&M hearing religious rants in town lolol I find it so annoying bc both religious parties talk over each other with hardly any respect.

ReputationRep:
    I got free cake from a bunch of Muslims doing some sort of march there earlier in the year. Then went the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stasi UK)
    Better than Bristol with all its vegan [email protected]/hipsters. Proper bare mad gangs and decent asian food.
    LMAO that's actually so true about Bristol :rofl: :lol:

their accents are weird af too... English accents but they pronounce their "r's" like Americans.

Sound like farmers lmfao

ReputationRep:
    Lololol I always go out of H&M hearing religious rants in town lolol I find it so annoying bc both religious parties talk over each other with hardly any respect.
    Too true, or that Islam one playing overly loud music. Like chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid The Kid)
    Too true, or that Islam one playing overly loud music. Like chill.
    trust me, and you move like 2cms and theres those other people dancing or doing those acts lolololol the city centre is madddddd

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people quite like my brummie accent and i personally love the city so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    About half of my comments get reported. At this rate I'll get a ban real soon :rofl:
    I received two warnings in the space of 48 hours how even. People get so triggered even tho half the time i'm joking lolololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenRose29)
    A lot of people quite like my brummie accent and i personally love the city so yeah
    I get told that i have a posh sounding accent even tho i lived in the most road area most of my life
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I received two warnings in the space of 48 hours how even. People get so triggered even tho half the time i'm joking lolololol
    Tell me about it :laugh: I've received warnings for the most stupid of things. People don't get that we're joking. I got a warning last night too

ReputationRep:
    For some it's the worse, while for the others it's an aphrodisiac

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is fine. What really makes me shiver is Bradford. Used to live there, glad I moved.

Or Luton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverAQx)
    Am I the only one who thinks it’s cute
    yes

ReputationRep:
    There are far worse accents out there than Birmingham's one. The city centre is great but but outside that it's pretty terrible.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.