Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birmingham accent is the worst and the city is terrible Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's said that birmingham is perfectly positioned in the center so you can always run away from it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    I get told that i have a posh sounding accent even tho i lived in the most road area most of my life
    damn lolllll i dont think i can say the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    About half of my comments get reported. At this rate I'll get a ban real soon :rofl:
    No!! 😭

ReputationRep:
    I kind of agree with the accent thing (although the Mancunian accent has got to be my most hated) but some people do find a way to make it sound really nice. However, I have to disagree with the city comment. It’s got excellent travel links, shopping opportunities and let’s not forget the fact that great food will always be a 5 minutes drive away. The only thing I don’t like when I visit is the pervy chavs but that may just be the one area because I generally only see the big groups of them when I’m visiting family is Sparkbrook. Other than that, it seems pretty ****ing awesome and I definitely want to go to Uni there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nope

Also my brother is at Birmingham uni so ...

ReputationRep:
    It's not my favourite accent.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out?😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Asian girls with birmingham accents <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    I agree with both these things but the university is stunning.

ReputationRep:
    Depends really, some places in Birmingham such as Sutton Coldfield, have really nice English. Little Aston specifically. But places such as Aston, Handsworth.. I get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah dude in course has birmingham accent and ppl stare at him when he talks is bizarre accent horrible

ReputationRep:
    not every brummie has the really strong accent that everyone hates. I have a mild brummie accent but I can't stand the strong brummie accent from around the Handsworth area.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.