Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So me and my ex boyfriend broke up 2 months ago, he broke up with me because he just wasn't feeling it anymore after we went through an arguing phase. I took the break up badly and I reasoned, begged and pestered him relentlessly up until recently. The hard thing is I have easy access to him as I work with him closely five days a week.

Anyway, I still hang onto the idea he will change his mind (we have broken up and gotten back together before once), although this time feels more serious than the other times as we have been apart for the longest time now and he has never dated afterwards until this time. Right now i've calmed down and we are trying to be 'friends', and said we would hang out outside of work and I have stopped pestering him.

So my problem is, for the last month or so he has told me to move on because has been on dating websites and going on dates etc. which obviously didn't sit well with me and made it hard to work with him/be friends. But very recently, exactly at the time I vowed to myself to leave it all alone and stop pestering him, and at the time we mutually decided to be friends, he seemed to change his tune a bit.

For one, after a month of him constantly telling me he had 'moved on', he asked me for the first time if i'd been on any more dates, and then I asked him the same and he said clearly that he wasn't dating anyone (despite the fact that he had been 'seeing' someone a couple of weeks ago) and that he'd been on a different date a couple of days ago but it hadn't worked out and he decided dating all the time was too expensive. So in essence, he's given up on that for now.

Then he asked me at work if i wanted to go out for food afterwards, I said yes and we had a nice time, and he paid for my food which I thought was odd. Then we went shopping together the next day, after he invited me to, and we got along really well but he started being quite inappropriate with me, like in a sexual way. For example, we were in a shoe shop and I was sitting down with my legs bent trying to tie my laces and he pushed my legs apart to 'have a look'. And later he tried looking at my bum secretly and laughed when I noticed him doing it. He also said I was "cute" when I pronounced a word wrong lol. He always has been a bit playful with me even when we haven't been going out but since he'd been dating and telling me to move on he reigned it back a bit, but now he's back at it again for the first time in ages.

Along with the fact that although he has always wanted to be friends since the breakup, he now really is really making an effort to spend time with me, and when we do, we get on amazingly, and it's really confusing me! Also, he has made the fact he is not dating anymore very clear to me recently which I found odd. What I want to know is, does my gut instinct that tells me something has shifted in him a bit mean I shouldn't give up hope? Should I carry on being 'friends' and hope it leads to more? Or is he just messing me around? I really loved this guy and any way to get us back together I will pursue, but I don't want to delude myself into thinking he has changed his mind a bit so i'm really just not sure... is he maybe just teasing me?

ReputationRep:
    he wants you as a f*** buddy

(Original post by the cleansing)
    he wants you as a f*** buddy
    Yeah I can see why you'd think that but we actually tried that before and he broke it off, saying he wouldn't do that to me because he knows I still have feelings for him. So I know 100% that he would never do it again and he'd never sleep with me whilst he knows I still like him because he was the one who ended it before, saying **** buddy situations always end up badly. It is weird that he is so inappropriate with me considering I am his ex...

ReputationRep:
    When a guy goes without sex for a long time he will do these things.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.