Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I experienced you refusing to answer points. There wasn't a strawman, however, just a misinterpretation of your initial post.
    Well, as I clearly stated, strawmans are usually claimed to be "interpretations" or "an explanation of what someone-else implies" by the the strawman thrower.

Can you highlight the points I refused to answer? I am pretty much sure I answered every single one of your pointe before you went silent on the thread. Feel free to go back and highlight what you think was not answered and I would answer with aplomb.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Well, as I clearly stated, strawmans are usually claimed to be "interpretations" or "an explanation of what someone-else implies" by the the strawman thrower.

Can you highlight the points I refused to answer? I am pretty much sure I answered every single one of your pointe before you went silent on the thread. Feel free to go back and highlight what you think was not answered and I would answer with aplomb.
    They're actually not, a strawman is an intentional misconstruing or misinterpretation, which we already established the discussion in the last thread was not. However, this is not relevant to the current thread topic, so I won't be addressing this further; I'll reply to your previous post here later today, as I need to source some of the examples I have for it.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RoyalBeams;74494744]It is a very clear question.

Review the amount of Christian main characters that are written on TV shows like Eastenders, Coronation Streets, HollyOaks etc. with specific focus on their christian values and compare with those written for LGBT main characters./QUOTE]

All those shows have had religious characters who have had stories based around their faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Is this the verbatim quotation I asked you to provide as proof?
    hunny it gets a bit boring when you repeat yourself for the 3rd time and fail completely to read anything like you're mentally deficient or something xox

don't bother to respond to me until you answer the question i asked in my post:
    "why bring up such a relationship in response to physio's statement if not to compare it? explain your reasoning for essentially derailing the thread to go on a pointless argument on the inherent issues with incest?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.
    I completely agree with this. In my country, gay people are excluded from the community

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosnia)
    I completely agree with this. In my country, gay people are excluded from the community
    Well done you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME1993)
    Well done you
    Is there a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a problem?
    yeah you mug don't answer me back

ReputationRep:
    It's been scientifically proven that being gay is passed down through genetics, so I don't think it's fair to try and tell someone the way they were born is wrong and shouldn't be supported. Plus it's super beneficial to society... so I would say being homophobic is far worse than be homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME1993)
    yeah you mug don't answer me back
    sniffed out the gay person

ReputationRep:
    sniffed out the gay person
    yeah man get out of the closet bruh

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care? If someone's homosexual then how does that affect you??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Because hating on a group of people for who they are is just disgusting really.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I’m very pleased to have clicked on this thread and see the majority are pro LGBT+ or at the very least accepting of people living their lives and letting them get on with loving someone consensually, well done TSR!

I got forced to be gay once.
    If so then you should be able to understand how awful it is to force people to be straight when they’re not, sadly this happens a lot more.

As to your comment about it not being natural, and asking two gay men to reproduce, it’s no different than asking an infertile heterosexual couple to, we wouldn’t condemn their relationship, we’d leave them to be happy and adopt/use IVF if they wish.
    • TSR Support Team

Anyone against gays and lesbians need to realise there is nothig wrong with it, it is the 21st Century anyone opposing it need their heads looking at

ReputationRep:
    Because homophobia would be a fear of gay people and I doubt that those types would be terrified to leave their house or have a panic attack if they see a gay person.

ReputationRep:
    Then you should go back to whichever backwards 3rd world country you are from.Here in the UK we have something called civilisation and we have moved past the whole killing gays thing.

ReputationRep:
    They love shoving their agenda up people's throats. Their little marches and anti-biological nature.

up not down? Eh, I can't have children, am I the kind of anti-biological nature you dislike too or am I okay because I like the penis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumpy4You)
    Plus it's super beneficial to society...

Just curious, but how is being gay "super" beneficial to society?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, do you need me to go over the basic human anatomy and sexual reproduction system? Suppose I took 2 men, and asked them to make me a baby. What would happen?
    Then why do 1500 known species partake in homosexuality, I can only name one that partakes in homophobia. Who is against nature now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.