Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I personally think all these "trans" people are deluded and need real help.
    I've been likened to Hitler for having such a view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ax7fold)
    Why would they be deluded? I'd like the opportunity to find out a little more about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    Sorry, do you need me to go over the basic human anatomy and sexual reproduction system? Suppose I took 2 men, and asked them to make me a baby. What would happen?
    Adopt the babies/children given up/abandoned by straight couples perhaps?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What evidence led you to that conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    Deluded: make (someone) believe something that is not true

Here is a little scenario

Take bob. Bob has some serious Psychosis, Bob hallucinates, he thinks he is a flying spaghetti monster.

Doctors: "Bob mate, its not real take ya meds mate"

Main stream media: "You are insensitive and offensive to Bob, reality is a social construct"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    What evidence led you to that conclusion?
    I don't need evidence is called biology, how about you provide evidence that suggests that today I can be boy but tomorrow a girl and the next day a fidget spinner.

ReputationRep:
    Because us straight guys appreciate their contributions to fashion

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, I'm very homophobic

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it’s because we’re all people engaging in consensual activities. Why is it okay for me to have sex with a man? Why isn’t it okay for a man to have sex with a man? Members of the lgbt community are really doing nothing wrong and it’s about time closed-minded people began to realise that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And they're getting real help... Gender dysphoria is a genuine problem, and one for which the most effective treatment is transitioning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    They're actually not, a strawman is an intentional misconstruing or misinterpretation, which we already established the discussion in the last thread was not. However, this is not relevant to the current thread topic, so I won't be addressing this further; I'll reply to your previous post here later today, as I need to source some of the examples I have for it.
    Well I have observed that these "misrepresentations" is how liberals and SJWs are famously known for arguing, suppressing opinions, malignment and requesting consequences (nice dsyphemism for punishment) for people they disagree with.

And example can be seen with how the liberal fake news CNN reports the Google Memo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amibee)
    Well, that sounds terribly rapey...but anyway, nah you definitely can't 'sought' that out. Thank you tho
    I am not aware you were that paranoically worried that your future boyfriends and husbands are going to rape you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    In a debate, very seldom does the other side say "ok, you've made a good point, you was right, I was wrong"

in fact, not often does the other side even change their view

what will happen if you've got a particularly good/strong point is that people will try to avoid answering it altogether........

I don't know what point you was making, but most likely whoever it was aimed at couldn't answer to their advantage so ignored it.........

A debate doesn't end when you convince the other person and they change their mind [as that rarely happens]
    A debate ends either when participants get bored because they've been arguing for so long and stop, ...or you've thrown so many valid logical points/questions at the other person of which they have no comeback that they realise they are being outclassed so stop arguing to avoid being absolutely publically butchered........

royalbeams isn't going to change his mind here, and neither are most of the others...., the debate will end in one of the ways above...........

When people:

1) cannot defend statements/accusations they make (basically strawmans and conjectures)

2) cannot stick to the original argument but try to drive it to some other argument they think [wrongly] they might have a stronger platform on [with their illogicality]

Then it is very reasonable, effective and deserved that their questions and arguments are dismissed until they address (1) and abandon (2).

Apart from both being effective distraction mechanisms from their weak arguments in a debate:

- They perform (1) because they want to have a feeling of winning the argument when their position/argument is actually weak.

- They perform (2) because they know their argument on the original discussion is weak or going to be weak OR they are trying to avoid saying "you've got a particularly good/strong point".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    And they're getting real help... Gender dysphoria is a genuine problem, and one for which the most effective treatment is transitioning.
    I am pretty gaddam sure the science on that is not conclusive to come to that conclusion.

But I bet it was a nice, fuzzy thing to say. Made you feel good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    I am pretty gaddam sure the science on that is not conclusive to come to that conclusion.

But I bet it was a nice, fuzzy thing to say. Made you feel good.
    Fortunately, science doesn't really care about your laughably wrong opinions. Facts are that WPATH standards of care decrease gender dysphoria and improve mental health (thats' five different links by the way). And, since I know you're just itching to demonstrate you've not read beyond headlines and parrot the "40% of trans people attempt suicide" claim, be aware where that number comes from and how limited the methodology is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Thanks for the beautiful "insights". :rolleyes:
    So no actual argument then.

ReputationRep:
    You know whats delusional? Talking to a being that nobody has ever seen or heard, or touched. Talking to people that nobody else can see is the very definition of madness.Religious people should take a look at themselves before throwing stones.By most definitions they could be considered mentally ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    You know whats delusional? Talking to a being that nobody has ever seen or heard, or touched. Talking to people that nobody else can see is the very definition of madness.Religious people should take a look at themselves before throwing stones.By most definitions they could be considered mentally ill.
    The highly religious are just Ignorant, they don't know any better.

They have my sympathy as well

ReputationRep:
    Imagine caring what other people do in their own bedrooms, and then having the arrogance to call them perverts.

ReputationRep:
    Why aren't people homophobic? Because homosexuality is a natural behaviour. Don't think for a second it is just humans that show these traits, it is well documented in many other species from penguins down to intestinal tapeworms. Most of these animals lack the conscious thinking ability we have but still behave that way - in many ways both disproving the "its a choice" argument and that it is in someway a "perversion"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.