Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by num.7)
    That is not a reason.
    Oh was I supposed to care that you don’t think it’s a reason
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    People aren't homophobic because it's a really pointless thing to hate, you gain absolutely nothing by being homophobic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fighter365)
    Oh was I supposed to care that you don’t think it’s a reason
    No because it's 2017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im muslim and support LGBT+
    I wonder why you had to go anonymous. Shdhjsgdu

ReputationRep:
    Who cares... if the chaps are into buggery and the lasses like diving for muff thats their look out, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers)
    Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.
    I completely agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone cares what gay people do or whether someone is gay or not. Someone being gay does not affect your life or makes your existence worse. You may not like it and that's fine. Gay people are living their lives as much as you and no one is physically harmed by a person's sexuality. It's okay to express an opinion but in a respectful way. Also saying x is wrong = opinion. Everyone has different morals/opinions. I think gay relationship especially males are cute while you might think its disgusting. Not everyone thinks the same and thats okay but opinions should be shared respectfully.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's like asking why are black people not slaves anymore. It's just wrong man. We're all humans, don't think your sh** doesn't stink.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see the problem with people being who they are. Would you be happy OP having to repress your sexuality if our society hated on straight people?
    There are so many forms of sexuality recognised now that I can't see fully straight people making up the overwhelming majority of the population. Unless people force their orientation at you it isn't a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Mate I'm more arsed about what Pot Noodle to have.

They love shoving their agenda up people's throats. Their little marches and anti-biological nature.
    I’m going to be honest, I agree with what you say here. I’m 21 now, a gay guy with some experience and I really hate my life for being this way. I hate the lgbt community. I always try to stay away from these people - everywhere I go - attention seeking, promiscuous, annoying, flamboyant. I’ve never felt so ashamed in my life.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm abnormal for having an opinion that's different to the average user on TSR 😂😂😂😂😂😂?
    Only if you choose not to let others live their lives in peace when they weren't doing you any harm. However, I would like to think that it is indeed statistically infrequent for a person to hold that opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I’m going to be honest, I agree with what you say here. I’m 21 now, a gay guy with some experience and I really hate my life for being this way. I hate the lgbt community. I always try to stay away from these people - everywhere I go - attention seeking, promiscuous, annoying, flamboyant. I’ve never felt so ashamed in my life.
    I think people are making huge generalisations about the 'LGBT community'. It is absolutely not true to imply that eveveryone who is a part of that behaves in such a way. I mean, there does tend to be something of an F-you attitude but that arises in response to views that in one way or another, our love is not legitimate. But most will only discuss the topic when asked directly.

ReputationRep:
    Homophobia does not occur in the natural world, therefore it is unnatural and perverse.

ReputationRep:
    obvious troll is obvious
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally not bothered by gay people and 100% support their rights to do anything they want. However, I really hate how people shove it down your throats. You're a bigot if you disagree with anything related to the LGBT community. Let people have other opinions and debate with them with rationale and logic and try to help them see sense. Don't just label them as a homophobe.

ReputationRep:
    What if I said it is affecting my way of life huh? Don't be in ignorant **** FFS.
    How is it affecting your life?

ReputationRep:
    So I'm abnormal for having an opinion that's different to the average user on TSR 😂😂😂😂😂😂?
    You are not abnormal for having an opinion. It is only when you think it's OK to do anything about your opinion which might reverberate on the group you are voicing an opinion about i.e. in an illegal or anti-social manner that you step out of the 'I've got a right to my opinion' scenario.
    I can't think why you have an issue as to why other people are or are not homophobic.
    All I can advise you to do is to get out more, get a life, and mind your own ****ing business as to how other people choose to conduct their lives.
    This from a mother of 7 - two of whom are gay and in 13 and 17 year relationships.
    Have a nice day. X

ReputationRep:
    That's the first quote on this comment section that's actually credible in my eyes.

Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.
      Because while homosexuality or any other difference from what it's perfectly reasonable to expect until told otherwise (ie assuming someone is straight/cis/whatever) is completely innocuous and has never harmed anyone in the whole history of ever, your personal opinion, expressed or not, is responsible for the deaths of more kittens than the total numbers of people killed in both World Wars.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.