Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Because sex is personal and private. Because love is not something that can be controlled. Because gender is a hell of a lot more complicated than just a binary. Because women are beautiful and so are men. Because who someone chooses to be with affects only the people in the relationship. Because there are people out there who think two girls is hot and should be encouraged but two guys is just wrong... and don't realise how hypocritical that is. Because I'm a woman who married a man but have fallen in love with men, women and others in the past. Because there's not a damn thing wrong with mutual, consensual relationships.

Is that enough reasons for you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    This makes absolutely no sense and I have no idea how you've managed to link a word that everyone uses to a conspiracy involving the liberal media.

If you haven't already, I recommend reading about the origin of the word here.
    When you re-read my post with an open-mind and then see why "everyone" started using it, then you will see the Triple Lock (the sense, the link and the conspiracy).
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    When you re-read my post with an open-mind and then see why "everyone" started using it, then you will see the Triple Lock (the sense, the link and the conspiracy).
    Did you just invent this term? It's already in use unfortunately.

If I open my mind to every crackpot conspiracy then there will be no room in my brain for facts, so I choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Did you just invent this term? It's already in use unfortunately.

If I open my mind to every crackpot conspiracy then there will be no room in my brain for facts, so I choose not to.
    If you are not aware virtually every single news media establishment has an agenda it supports and propagates, then you are wasting space in your brain not taking in the right information and you are obviously naive.

Start learning and understanding your society, here is a good start:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4940902

Thanks for showing me the existing usage, but I am still comfortable with my invention.

ReputationRep:
    You are allowed to have whatever opinion you wish, but you can't expect that such a view will not be frowned upon and lambasted.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it should be wrong to be homophobic. People have phobias for lots of stuff, why should homophobia be any different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You are allowed to have whatever opinion you wish, but you can't expect that such a view will not be frowned upon and lambasted.
    Fair enough argument.

But the reality is that people like him are not allowed their views in the UK. They are well censored. The liberals have monopoly on the press and act as gatekeepers/qualifiers on what message gets out and is shared.

Take for example this poll of proportion of UK people that support homosexual marriage:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/20...-sex-marriage/

Then you realise 100% of UK TV stations are pro-homosexual marriage. There is not a single UK TV station that is not liberal-orientated. And the TV is the most powerful and followed media.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Fair enough argument.

But the reality is that people like him are not allowed their views in the UK. They are well censored. The liberals have monopoly on the press and act as gatekeepers/qualifiers on what message gets out and is shared.

Take for example this poll of proportion of UK people that support homosexual marriage:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/20...-sex-marriage/

Then you realise 100% of UK TV stations are pro-homosexual marriage. There is not a single UK TV station that is not liberal-orientated. And the TV is the most powerful and followed media.
    He is allowed to have his views just as others are allowed to have theirs.
    People have a right to respect and dont have to be disrespected or worse just because of their sexuality.

Broadcasters are under a legal duty to respect equality and diversity.
    Which broadcaster would you like to be homophobic?
    Are you homophobic?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nyimane)
    I don't think it should be wrong to be homophobic. People have phobias for lots of stuff, why should homophobia be any different?
    It isnt wrong, but when his actions start affecting others then he has to be careful he stays the right side of the law. Same as if you want to be a racist.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should give OP a chance to voice his opinions so we can respectfully dispute it. Getting worked out and ******** on people are not going to change their mind. At the end of it, we are all human beings that will eventually listen to reason (I hope).

Hmm imo, I think it is perfectly fine for people to be gay or whatever they like because its something that is inevitable. You are either gay or you are not, its not a choice. Simply put or more crudely put, I see boobs, I am attracted, I see dicks, I have no reaction.

Apart from that, the argument that they will cause the downfall of humans cause no babies doesnt hold. There are loads of people who are choosing to stay single and nobody shits on them for that choice. Even if we disallow gays to get together, they are still not going to get married. The impression that there is a large outspread of gays or LGBT community is not due to influence or conversion. IMO, not backed by statistics though I believe if you search enough you should find something, is that it is simply because people are now relatively more comfortable coming out of the closet.

For OP, if somebody "forced you to be gay", I assume you were sexually harassed. That is not right regardless of if they are gay or not, but it is because a small isolated group rather than the whole population. Just because some guys are rapists doesn't mean that all men are evil or bad.

Just my 2 cents on this issue

ReputationRep:
    Because I have better things to do than hate on people who are just trying to be happy.

Maybe you should get a hobby instead of caring so much about things that don't concern you. Just a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    well there's this thing called morals and telling the difference between right and wrong. prejudice is a.... yes.. you guessed it....... a Wrong

ReputationRep:
    You should be kind to people. If you aren't trying to be nice and understanding towards people then what's the ****ing point? Every time you refuse to be accepting and open-minded you're holding yourself back.

There's so much hatred in the world, don't be a part of that. Be kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Homophobia does not occur in the natural world, therefore it is unnatural and perverse.
    Oh really?

Medical Life Sciences News disagrees: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...sexuality.aspx

As does Yale Scientific:
    http://community.lovenature.com/wild...xual-behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider&TheFly)
    Because we are normal people and in this day and age it is acceptable to fall in love with whoever you love
    I don't like seeing straight or gay couples kissing in public I ok hugs and holding hands through

ReputationRep:
    Delete this post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    You are not abnormal for having an opinion. It is only when you think it's OK to do anything about your opinion which might reverberate on the group you are voicing an opinion about i.e. in an illegal or anti-social manner that you step out of the 'I've got a right to my opinion' scenario.
    I can't think why you have an issue as to why other people are or are not homophobic.
    All I can advise you to do is to get out more, get a life, and mind your own ****ing business as to how other people choose to conduct their lives.
    This from a mother of 7 - two of whom are gay and in 13 and 17 year relationships.
    Have a nice day. X
    One of the relatives is asexual he never been sexuality attractive to anybody and never had a relationship. He in his forty and I love him to meet a nice lady or man to have a long term relationship with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    He is allowed to have his views just as others are allowed to have theirs.
    People have a right to respect and dont have to be disrespected or worse just because of their sexuality.

Broadcasters are under a legal duty to respect equality and diversity.
    Which broadcaster would you like to be homophobic?
    Are you homophobic?
    What is disrespect?

Having an opinion that does not support homosexuality?

Have you spoken to my doctor and he gave you my private information?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Texxers)
    They love shoving their agenda up people's throats. Their little marches and anti-biological nature.
    Not once in my life have I (a straight man) had anyone from the LGBT community try and shove any sort of agenda down my throat.

Religious people and political extremists on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It isnt wrong, but when his actions start affecting others then he has to be careful he stays the right side of the law. Same as if you want to be a racist.
    What do you mean by "affecting others"?

If they find it "offensive", it should be censored?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.