Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people NOT homophobic?? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fighter365)
    Because we live in 2017. It’s like saying why are people not racist. Because it’s blatantly not ok
    "It's the current year!1!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    its not. just like there's not 100% acceptance the earth is 3D. Doesn't mean there's actually an argument for the earth being flat, there's just some holdout troglodytes.
    Your point is totally lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisCarib97)
    Tbh I don’t support the LGBT community but I am not going to tell them not to exist it is just not my place. I do have the right to an opinion, I just don’t have the right to make anyone accept it.

I would however like to put a spin on this. I do think that the LGBT community does affect we “cis” people to some extent. The third wave feminist movement is very anti-white male but are pretty accepting of transpeople. They seem to be a bit quiet on this issue. When men who transition into women compete in activities where men are much stronger than females such as sports it does get unfair.

Just imagine a woman who transitioned into a man playing for Man United’s first team. Would you say it is fair to the males on that team to be held back by someone who may have the skill but isn’t physically agile enough to compete. Or let’s say a man who transitioned into a woman plays in the WNBA. Female basketball players play at a slower pace to their male counterparts that is a fact. Or even track and field male and female strength shows how great there is a difference between the two.

For the Olympics women are inferior to men in world records by 8% to 17% depending on the sport. If this is the case then allowing trans people to compete in whichever category they choose is extremely unfair to the other.

No one really wants to talk about that really. 🤔 I guess this can be a thread on its own haha
    As far as Stiff Little Fingers is concerned, you don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0g)
    They do far too much propaganda, it's so annoying how they're always trying to shove homosexuality down your throat no homo. Their agenda is to turn normal people gay.
    true that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBeams)
    Your point is totally lost.
    Sorry you don't understand it sweetie. Would it help if I drew you a picture?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you don't understand it sweetie. Would it help if I drew you a picture?
    Would help if you made sense, darling.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't like the idea of same sex relations. Then again, I don't like the idea of a lot of things. That doesn't mean I wouldn't talk to or befriend a person just for being bi/gay/whatever because what they do with themselves sexually doesn't concern me at all.
    You don't have to like what people do but as long as it doesn't affect you, let them be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    true that
    Meanwhile gay conversion therapy is still legal in some states, and they're being slaughtered in middle Eastern countries or places like Russia. Tell me, what's more disgusting to you, gays being killed or a few gays on the media?

ReputationRep:
    As far as Stiff Little Fingers is concerned, you don't exist.
    Can you elaborate? 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-Barista)
    Meanwhile gay conversion therapy is still legal in some states, and they're being slaughtered in middle Eastern countries or places like Russia. Tell me, what's more disgusting to you, gays being killed or a few gays on the media?
    what are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisCarib97)
    Can you elaborate? 🙃
    His "insightful" and "sensible" argument is that 100% of people support 100% of LGBT issues.

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile gay conversion therapy is still legal in some states, and they're being slaughtered in middle Eastern countries or places like Russia. Tell me, what's more important disgusting to you, gays being killed or a few gays on the media?
    Although I do not agree with the LGBT agenda I do not agree that they should be killed or arrested or put into conversion therapy unless they wanted to do that. I know of gay people who said they did not want to be gay. I don’t know if I completely believe them because they seem to be enjoying themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    what are you on about?
    The fact that homophobics find promotion of equality more appalling than being killed/or turned into something they aren't
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Would help if you made sense, darling.
    Ok, let's go through it slowly.

Not 100% of people accept the earth is spherical, the flat earth society exists. The flat earth society don't however have a valid argument - the earth is a sphere, that's a basic fact.

Not 100% of people accept LGBT+ people are people, homophobes exist. Homophobes however don't have a valid argument - LGBT+ people are people, that's a basic fact.

Is that clearer honey?

ReputationRep:
    it's just terribly sad how the brutality that LGBT+ people face in Russia rarely makes headlines. People are disappearing out of existence for something that shouldn't be judged upon and it sickens me to my stomach to just think about it.
    The fact that homophobics find promotion of equality more appalling than being killed/or turned into something they aren't

ReputationRep:
    His "insightful" and "sensible" argument is that 100% of people support 100% of LGBT issues.
    My argument is that people are willing to label themselves as proud homophobics due to lgbt promotion of equality, regardless of issues they face in other countries. Maybe if you were a bit more "insightful" you would understand that.

ReputationRep:
    I’m guessing you’re being sarcastic, I can’t tell xD
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not actually what I said, but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important to recognise it's not a phobia. You're not afraid of LGBT people. (Are you?)

The issue with homophobia is that it's holding the world back - not to mention it violates, like, twelve of the thirty acts in the human rights act. So, you're choosing not to accept a group of people because you disagree with their actions. Yes, you're welcome to your opinion, but not when it disrespects someone else's very existence. Just as much as you, gay people should be able live. Without fear or terror or disrespect or discrimination.

And pride? That's not trying to convince you to become gay - that's not really how it works. It's actually a very brave thing - for people who are constantly discriminated against, even beaten or killed in some countries for loving someone: for anyone - to stand up in front of the world and say we will not be quiet. We are not afraid. This is who we are. And ask you to accept that. That is true bravery.

Also, LGBT people are held back. Not given chances that straight/cis people are given. And because of your homophobia, we are not moving forward into the future because half of the world is not given permission to take part in a future and help to shape it. Half of the world is prevented from having a voice.

These people hope for a better future and you're not helping create it.

That's why people are not homophobic.

Take a look at yourself and ask if you're happy with the person you are and the people you support.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, let's go through it slowly.

Not 100% of people accept the earth is spherical, the flat earth society exists. The flat earth society don't however have a valid argument - the earth is a sphere, that's a basic fact.

Not 100% of people accept LGBT+ people are people, homophobes exist. Homophobes however don't have a valid argument - LGBT+ people are people, that's a basic fact.

Is that clearer honey?
    Very clear, darling.

Now highlight to me 2 things:

1) Any sane and knowledgeable person who thinks the Earth is flat or LGBT+ people are not people. What are they? ..............Pancakes?

2) How did you come to escapulate all people who don't agree with all LGBT issues as people who do not accept LGBT+ people as people?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.