Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone watch Strictly Come Dancing, and if so, who are your favourites?

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch the results?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartUnicorn)
    Did you watch the results?
    Not happy! I liked Aston and I thought he was one of the favourites to win. His dance wasn't the best but I thought he was judged harshly (Craig gave Aston and Ruth a 4 - their dances were not of the same quality!) and didn't deserve to be in the dance-off and voted off.

Who are your favourites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Not happy! I liked Aston and I thought he was one of the favourites to win. His dance wasn't the best but I thought he was judged harshly (Craig gave Aston and Ruth a 4 - their dances were not of the same quality!) and didn't deserve to be in the dance-off and voted off.

Who are your favourites?
    Johnny and Oti.

I thought Aston could've won!
    Why wasn't Ruth in the dance-off?
    Because the public found it "funny"
    it lacked technicality!

ReputationRep:
    Aston should have never gone!! Most naturally gifted dancer on the show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edexce1)
    Isn't Debbie dating a dancer in secret?
    I think Joe's pretty good, but not as good as Aston.
    Ruth should've gone.
    I think she's the weakest now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    Ruth should've gone.
    Yeah but ruth has all the old Good morning britain viewers dragging her through - she's literally this years ed balls.
    Isnt she like 60? How would she date someone so yuong?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but ruth has all the old Good morning britain viewers dragging her through - she's literally this years ed balls.
    Isnt she like 60? How would she date someone so yuong?
    I can't remember where I heard it, but she's secretly dating another dancer.
    How else would she be so good this early one?
    Just because she's on some news show, it doesn't mean that they have to vote for her.
    They didn't do that for Chelsea, the model who was on either last year or the year before.

ReputationRep:
    Just because she's on some news show, it doesn't mean that they have to vote for her.
    They didn't do that for Chelsea, the model who was on either last year or the year before.
    Well she was actually a dancer before and its very unlikely she would date someone 40 years youger than her and the daily mail not expose her. Chelsea wasnt as popular.

ReputationRep:
    Ruth should've gone.
    No, I haven't heard that about Debbie. I like Debbie and I think she is a good dancer, but I felt that she is overmarked sometimes. I didn't feel like her tango was perfection.

I did read that Gemma was dating Gorka, and Alexandra was angry about it (apparently she thinks it will hurt her chances in the competition), but nothing has been confirmed about it.

Joe can be good - I think his ballroom is stronger than his latin. Ruth will probably be kept in for a few more weeks (sadly) and maybe Mollie will be the next to leave. She has been in the bottom two twice already, I don't think the public have taken to her as much as the judges have.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed! He had a lot of potential and was sent home too soon

ReputationRep:
    I heard from a dancer friendthat the dancers up until blackpool are judged against their own performances and how good it was for them, and then after blackpool everyone is judged against professional dancer standard. this would explain why ashton and ruth could both get a 4, for ashton the dance wasn't his greatest so compared to his other dances it was a 4? I dunno though, this might be complete crap! haha

but at the end of the day he obvs wasn't so popular with the public! shame but its how it goes.. ruth isn't gonna last much longer.. but the public are stupid. remember when judy murray kept being kept in?? I was like..are you ****ing blind???

I think my favourites might be debbie and giovani (coz giovani is fittttttt, and debbie kinda reminds me of my mum apart from debbie looking like she has a 20 year olds body) or susan and kevin (only because kevin is one of my faves - they're obvs not quite finals standard)

ReputationRep:
    I love this show. My favorites are Molly and AJ

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch it often but love all the dancing and everyone

ReputationRep:

She is a classically trained ballerina who danced with the Iranian National Ballet and had to get out in a hurry when the men with beards took over. She needed work and took a job being sawn in half for a living.

ReputationRep:
    I swear AJ looks about 12 haha

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Alexandra is the best as far as technique's concerned. I also quite like Susan, but I think that's probably more to do with Kevin's choreography- though she's been quite good at some of the dances. Ultimately though, I doubt she'll stay more than a few weeks more, as she's somewhat inconsistent technique-wise. Joe and Katya are generally pretty good, and though I've been underwhelmed by Jonnie's last couple of dances, he's generally quite decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    She is a classically trained ballerina who danced with the Iranian National Ballet and had to get out in a hurry when the men with beards took over. She needed work and took a job being sawn in half for a living.
    Well the it's unfair for the others!
    They should be asked if they have danced before, and if they have, they shouldn't appear!
    It would be more of a competition that way, in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I am happy with this week's result. Ruth deserved to go home, although I was shocked to see Jonnie in the bottom two. I thought he was quite popular with viewers that they would save him from the dance off. I thought Mollie would end up in the bottom two again.

ReputationRep:
    Well the it's unfair for the others!
    They should be asked if they have danced before, and if they have, they shouldn't appear!
    It would be more of a competition that way, in my opinion
    you'd think that, but lots of celebs come from that sort of background where they've done theatre in the past, and dance tends to go hand in hand with showbiz!

I think it's impressive when people from no dancing background end up just as good! or better!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.