Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How’s everyone’s first month at halls/uni been?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Pinkerton)
    Been great to live with mates, downside is cooking food nowhere near as delicious as my mum's cooking. How are you finding it?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well this is my second month, but it's been great so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Pinkerton)
    Amazing. I'm loving it. There's been a massive disruption in our flat and 2 people have moved out. I'm the only one that can cook. Everyone else is living off supernoodles, soup and dominoes pizza. No one else cn wash up either. But I'm absolutely loving it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving it but a couple of my flatmates can be noisy and mad when they bring their mates over.
    At least they look out for me, as one of them knew I was trying to sleep and made the others quieten down
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm enjoying it, mostly. I live in a flat with 3 others in a block of 48. I'm loving cooking, but our oven is pretty useless. Also, the smoke alarm went off when my flatmate was cooking pasta. Literally steam, no smoke, set it off. One of my flatmates is so messy. He gets pasta sauce all over other people's stuff and then doesn't clean it. He's also pretty loud. We have a flatmate agreement yet he doesn't stick with what we agreed. Apart from that it's been good. I'm wearing ear plugs at night because I sleep a lot earlier than most people (10pm).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I'm enjoying it, mostly. I live in a flat with 3 others in a block of 48. I'm loving cooking, but our oven is pretty useless. Also, the smoke alarm went off when my flatmate was cooking pasta. Literally steam, no smoke, set it off. One of my flatmates is so messy. He gets pasta sauce all over other people's stuff and then doesn't clean it. He's also pretty loud. We have a flatmate agreement yet he doesn't stick with what we agreed. Apart from that it's been good. I'm wearing ear plugs at night because I sleep a lot earlier than most people (10pm).
    Omg smoke alarms, don't get me started...my year in halls they went off constantly, and then in my houseshare in second year they were nonstop Unfortunately in second year it was even my own fault, somehow I cannot make grilled cheese sandwiches without one going off (Needless to say those don't make appearances in my cooking repetoire nowadays...)

For the disagreeably unclean flatmate--people are always disarmed with direct confrontation, so I would approach him directly (but emotionlessly! Don't be angry, just firm), and just alert him to the problem first and foremost. He might not even have an idea that you guys have a problem with anything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.