The Student Room Group

Are there any subjects that you wished you’d taken for GCSE or A-Level in hindsight?

I know I regret not choosing RM for GCSE! Was just interested about everyone else :smile:
I'm in yr 11, so i haven't taken my exams yet, but I would hands down drop history in a heartbeat if i could. THE WORKLOAD/HOMEWORK/REVISION IS TOO TIME CONSUMING and the question style in very particular, very much like english. Plus, i have a crappy teacher who is 23 and has no experience.
Reply 2
I wish I had taken History at A-level instead of English Literature or Sociology.
Original post by HollyR3
I know I regret not choosing RM for GCSE! Was just interested about everyone else :smile:

Further Mathematics
I wish I'd taken History at GCSE instead of Music. Singing was more of a hobby than an academic venture for me and I love History now on my Access course and the research skills developed from it. I also would've chosen Product Design over Food Technology looking back, mostly because my food teacher was useless and PD was more "artsy" than anything.
I also wish I hadn't taken A-levels straight after school and gone into work or an apprenticeship somewhere instead, as I wouldn't have wasted a year of my life taking my AS levels and not turning up. :h:
Further maths instead of french.
Reply 6
wish i'd not done media studies and art at GCSE ...instead taken physics and ICT which would better suit the career path i intend to go down, that being engineering. There is also an engineering GCSE which i knew nothing about at the time...not sure if it's a new thing...wish i could have done that also! :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
I wish I'd taken art or drama and not German, especially not German since that was the one I spent the most time on and still got a poor grade. [s[sigh
Should've gone to the college I'm currently at instead of doing a year of AS and then moving, but you know...
Original post by HollyR3

yea i so wish i picked computer science for gcse then therefore a level. big mistake i now come to relise and theres so many comp sci jobs with high wages
I wish I done maths a level instead of english literature.
I'm in year 11. Wish I'd had the opportunity to study History, Spanish and Further Maths GCSEs in addition to my other subjects.
I wish I'd taken Computer Science instead of ICT
I’m actually very happy with my subject choices for GCSE and A-Level. I may have done Economics but there was a timetable clash unfortunately.
Wish I'd taken the easiest GCSE subjects i.e Leisure & Tourism Studies, Media & Communication, Business Management, Sports and Exercise Science(P.E) etc.
Wish I'd done a history GCSE instead of attempting an engineering course and having to engineer myself off the course altogether.
I would have liked to have continued art at GCSE, but I wouldn't have changed any of my other subjects to compensate for it (I chose French over art and am doing languages at uni).

At A-Level, I'd probably not do Environmental Studies and have chosen either Sociology or History instead. However it was good that I didn't do history because everyone failed it so... :redface:

But both are waaaay behind me now.

Quick Reply

Latest