Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any subjects that you wished you’d taken for GCSE or A-Level in hindsight? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know I regret not choosing RM for GCSE! Was just interested about everyone else
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr 11, so i haven't taken my exams yet, but I would hands down drop history in a heartbeat if i could. THE WORKLOAD/HOMEWORK/REVISION IS TOO TIME CONSUMING and the question style in very particular, very much like english. Plus, i have a crappy teacher who is 23 and has no experience.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I wish I had taken History at A-level instead of English Literature or Sociology.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HollyR3)
    I know I regret not choosing RM for GCSE! Was just interested about everyone else
    Further Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd taken History at GCSE instead of Music. Singing was more of a hobby than an academic venture for me and I love History now on my Access course and the research skills developed from it. I also would've chosen Product Design over Food Technology looking back, mostly because my food teacher was useless and PD was more "artsy" than anything.
    I also wish I hadn't taken A-levels straight after school and gone into work or an apprenticeship somewhere instead, as I wouldn't have wasted a year of my life taking my AS levels and not turning up.

ReputationRep:
    Further maths instead of french.

ReputationRep:
    wish i'd not done media studies and art at GCSE ...instead taken physics and ICT which would better suit the career path i intend to go down, that being engineering. There is also an engineering GCSE which i knew nothing about at the time...not sure if it's a new thing...wish i could have done that also!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wish I'd taken art or drama and not German, especially not German since that was the one I spent the most time on and still got a poor grade. [s[sigh[/s]
    Should've gone to the college I'm currently at instead of doing a year of AS and then moving, but you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyR3)
    yea i so wish i picked computer science for gcse then therefore a level. big mistake i now come to relise and theres so many comp sci jobs with high wages

ReputationRep:
    I wish I done maths a level instead of english literature.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11. Wish I'd had the opportunity to study History, Spanish and Further Maths GCSEs in addition to my other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd taken Computer Science instead of ICT

ReputationRep:
    I’m actually very happy with my subject choices for GCSE and A-Level. I may have done Economics but there was a timetable clash unfortunately.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wish I'd taken the easiest GCSE subjects i.e Leisure & Tourism Studies, Media & Communication, Business Management, Sports and Exercise Science(P.E) etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done a history GCSE instead of attempting an engineering course and having to engineer myself off the course altogether.

ReputationRep:
    I would have liked to have continued art at GCSE, but I wouldn't have changed any of my other subjects to compensate for it (I chose French over art and am doing languages at uni).

At A-Level, I'd probably not do Environmental Studies and have chosen either Sociology or History instead. However it was good that I didn't do history because everyone failed it so...

But both are waaaay behind me now.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.