Turn on thread page Beta

more than smart black box insurance users HELP ? watch

ReputationRep:
    ahh brilliant I turn 18 1 week from tomorrow on the 15th so once I've paid ill let you guys know how it goes down. btw they're charging me 2800 for the yr which is like 1020 deposit and 160-170 a month. fingers crossed they give me a good experience.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is the box three wires going to it so shouldn’t be too hard to disable if needed.
    Name:  36939A7A-AA04-47CF-9E57-7CDDDC30DD05.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  524.1 KBAttachment 704276704278
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mcLG)
    This is the box three wires going to it so shouldn’t be too hard to disable if needed.
    Name:  36939A7A-AA04-47CF-9E57-7CDDDC30DD05.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  524.1 KBAttachment 704276704278
    Which would void a policy, and they tend to have internal batteries, fyi.

ReputationRep:
    I have a box with more than insurance and have found absolutely no problems. I sometimes work until 12pm and my drive home usage score is significantly low due to this. However, apart from that I have had no issue. I drive to the speed limit and am considerate in both braking and accelerating and this is clearly noticeable in my consistent scores of 10 each day. I am averaging at 8.5 for this quarter and am quoted to receive £21 back from the company as a result. Drive well and notice the rewards. I sometimes exceed the speed limit by 5mph and this does not effect my score- so those saying they have had insurance cancelled due to afew mph over the speed limit are incorrect (by my experience). The boxes are only fitted for a year and as frustrating as it sometimes is when you are late etc, it’ll be worth the 28% discount on my policy next year which is currently quoted due to my good driving scores. I reccomend the company as their insurance prices are reasonable and haven’t experienced issues regarding my black box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcc1)
    I have a box with more than insurance and have found absolutely no problems. I sometimes work until 12pm and my drive home usage score is significantly low due to this. However, apart from that I have had no issue. I drive to the speed limit and am considerate in both braking and accelerating and this is clearly noticeable in my consistent scores of 10 each day. I am averaging at 8.5 for this quarter and am quoted to receive £21 back from the company as a result. Drive well and notice the rewards. I sometimes exceed the speed limit by 5mph and this does not effect my score- so those saying they have had insurance cancelled due to afew mph over the speed limit are incorrect (by my experience). The boxes are only fitted for a year and as frustrating as it sometimes is when you are late etc, it’ll be worth the 28% discount on my policy next year which is currently quoted due to my good driving scores. I reccomend the company as their insurance prices are reasonable and haven’t experienced issues regarding my black box.
    Did they pay you to write this?
    Do you work for More Than?

ReputationRep:
    No I didn’t get paid to write that. I’ve genuinely had a really good experience with them since passing in December. They did wire my box wrong which meant it wasn’t working for 4 weeks but since they’ve been to fix the problem I can honestly say I haven’t experienced any issues.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  7E6333FA-5EF9-49E7-85A8-0456649D201C.png
Views: 63
Size:  355.2 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    they are rip off merchants. i would advise other drivers that are think of using them to stay well clear.so far my daughter has payed not far off £2000 for car insurance that was only supposed to cost her £1200.we are now looking into legal advice against them.

ReputationRep:
    If you are looking for insurance that doesn't break the bank and black boxes are your only option then I highly recommend Hastings I've had no problems whatsoever for the past 4 years since I passed, the black box has no penalties or mileage limits, I was able to pretty much ignore it and have only checked it a handful of times since I've had it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbojohn)
    hey people just wanted to know what the insurance with more than is like with you guys personally. hope to be insured by next week. only thing is ive seen so many bad reviews online but I know one guy who said hes had no problems. what is the leniancy like with them or on the other hand how strict are they. thanks for input in advance.
    You can also save money by having a parent with a good driving registered an additional driver on the car, provided they drive your car occasionally of course. :auto:

ReputationRep:
    I would advise not going with them at all, had my car insured with them just over a month and they are awful. Instant regret not spending an extra grand to get it without a box. I don't tend to speed and the box is ALWAYS inaccurate when it comes to smoothness, especially if you need to use the motorway. It's a joke, at first I read reviews and thought it was just bad drivers moaning, but after driving under 20 with my dad in the car the whole way and you get a -10 for speeding, something is definitely up and it makes you feel a lot worse about your own driving.You always feel more inclined to look at the speedometer rather than the road ahead, and you also get marked down for emergency breaking if someone (that you can do nothing about) pulls/walks in front of you. Would they rather you brake slowly and put the person over your bonnet?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.