Paragraph spacing UCAS personal statement

Watch
emprex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello I am two lines over and reciveing conflicting answers, should I remove line spacing from paragraphs or shall I leave them in and try to cut one or two sentences off?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=677791
This says that line spacing will automatically be removed

The article on WhichUniversity.co.uk says to leave them in and that is their first advice on that personal statement website

I would like to know, if you personally have chosen to remove or to leave the paragraph spacing and also would like to know if you have either applied to oxford/cambridge/imperial, did you choose to leave the extra paragraph space in?

you dont have to tell me that you have applied to which university, I m just interest in which option is the best
Loralite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emprex)
Hello I am two lines over and reciveing conflicting answers, should I remove line spacing from paragraphs or shall I leave them in and try to cut one or two sentences off?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=677791
This says that line spacing will automatically be removed

The article on WhichUniversity.co.uk says to leave them in and that is their first advice on that personal statement website

I would like to know, if you personally have chosen to remove or to leave the paragraph spacing and also would like to know if you have either applied to oxford/cambridge/imperial, did you choose to leave the extra paragraph space in?

you dont have to tell me that you have applied to which university, I m just interest in which option is the best
I think if you can leave lines inbetween paragraphs it's ideal, however the content matters more I applied to one of those universities this year and personally didn't leave a blank line between each paragraph, as I had to cut it down by 3,000 characters and ended up with 45/47 lines
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads