Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need to move out and i need advice someone please help?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum haven't been getting on and she keeps telling me to move out. I have tried to be nice for months and it's just gotten even worse. She told me to leave again so I have decided I will. I live in England right now and I'm moving to Scotland on Tuesday. My mum said she will call the police. Can they force me to go back home? I'm 16.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What will you do when you're in Scotland? Where will you stay? What about school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    What will you do when you're in Scotland? Where will you stay? What about school?
    I'm going to live with my friend, I have a job sorted for when I'm there. I won't go to school

ReputationRep:
    Right, what has happened more specifically ? Have you been naughty or mean with your Mom? If you are 16, you should be still living under the parental care .. If you are not in good terms with your Mom , the might put you through the Fostering care .. unless you have got some other next of kin.. Relatives ? What about your dad..? Is he living with your Mom.. ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonYmouZzz)
    I'm going to live with my friend, I have a job sorted for when I'm there. I won't go to school
    Do you have any qualifications? I honestly don't see this working out very well.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum haven't been getting on and she keeps telling me to move out. I have tried to be nice for months and it's just gotten even worse. She told me to leave again so I have decided I will. I live in England right now and I'm moving to Scotland on Tuesday. My mum said she will call the police. Can they force me to go back home? I'm 16.
    I don't quite understand. She told you to leave but she's calling the police because you're leaving?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ling91)
    Right, what has happened more specifically ? Have you been naughty or mean with your Mom? If you are 16, you should be still living under the parental care .. If you are not in good terms with your Mom , the might put you through the Fostering care .. unless you have got some other next of kin.. Relatives ? What about your dad..? Is he living with your Mom.. ?
    No, I have been very respectful to her but she is nothing but nasty to me, my dad isn't in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Do you have any qualifications? I honestly don't see this working out very well.
    Yes I do, I can always start college when I go up there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    I don't quite understand. She told you to leave but she's calling the police because you're leaving?
    Yeh, she doesn't want me to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, she doesn't want me to be happy.
    How old are you and what qualifications do you have?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you and what qualifications do you have?
    16 and GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    16 and GCSE's
    Yeah she might be able to get the police to force you back then. Will the friend you're staying with have their parents there? Also there may be another issue since legally you have to be in education until 18.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she might be able to get the police to force you back then. Will the friend you're staying with have their parents there? Also there may be another issue since legally you have to be in education until 18.

where im going i dont have to be in education from 16, no their parents wont be there im living with him, hes 18

ReputationRep:
    where im going i dont have to be in education from 16, no their parents wont be there im living with him, hes 18
    I don't know Scottish laws but I'll assume that you're correct. Double check though to make sure. If you think that it's legal than maybe worth waiting for the police so that you can explain it and she can't do anything. Or the other way to go Scotland quickly so the law can't be used against you there.

ReputationRep:
    your are required to be at school in training or in work. i see why your mums upset. a 16 year old kid wanting to shack up with her boyfriend. you had better be very very sure you want this because i see a mess coming your way. why is your mum upset could it be that she sees you wasting your life. life on minimum wage in some crappy flat what a future. simply dont do it. go to college learn a skill grow a bit then decide you can always study away from home.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to be annoying but education is very important. At least stay until you finish your A-Levels. You have a huge window of opportunities with education and you'll be throwing it away by not continuing it. There are so many people who would love to have free education but don't have the chance. Don't throw it away. Your mother may be nasty but try and withstand it for a few more years. If it gets worse then go to the police or social services. But don't try to tackle this by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbarlow)
    your are required to be at school in training or in work. i see why your mums upset. a 16 year old kid wanting to shack up with her boyfriend. you had better be very very sure you want this because i see a mess coming your way. why is your mum upset could it be that she sees you wasting your life. life on minimum wage in some crappy flat what a future. simply dont do it. go to college learn a skill grow a bit then decide you can always study away from home.

She isn't upset. you obviously didn't pay attention to what I had said. She has been treating me horribly for months. He isn't my boyfriend he is a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any reason you are moving to Scotland - it seems like such a big change! You need to make sure you plan things properly and not leave home blindly. A better option may be to live with another family member or a friend who is close by? That way, your mother knows that you are safe and doesn't have to call the police, and you have the space away from your mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Is there any reason you are moving to Scotland - it seems like such a big change! You need to make sure you plan things properly and not leave home blindly. A better option may be to live with another family member or a friend who is close by? That way, your mother knows that you are safe and doesn't have to call the police, and you have the space away from your mother.
    whenever im there i just feel so much happier, my closest friends live there and i want to be happy in life. My mum isnt in my life at the moment i have blocked her so she cant contact me, she has been horrible and told me to leave so it isnt her concern if im safe anymore

ReputationRep:
    yeah sure. 16 year old going to move away and stay with an 18 year old lad. are you that naive, ive invited my kids to leave many times and they are all still here. it means youve annoyed her. what are you doing to wind her up. are you still in education. because if you are not or training her money for you will have stopped. so stop stropping get an education and realize that your still a moody teen. you cant help it but dont expect your mum to like you when your acting up. creeping by the way is so obvious she will know you want something. the threat to call the plod means she cares for you. now glow up act like an adult be helpful and find out whats upsetting your mum. and try to support her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.