Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent gcses help please Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm an internation student i was doing o levels but wasn't able to complete all my years and give exams all my classmates are in year 11back home but I was somehow overage for gcse in uk btw I'm 16 was born on 17 July 2001 and the minimum age for o level is like 18 0r 19 and I was studying in a independent school too.my no year is wated and i also studied one year in italy.So I'm interested in medicine like a lot i got 6a*s and 2a In my first year of o level which were school exam.now after moving to uk I'm doing my gcses at college as I'm overage I'm doing five gcse cause that's what they only offer but they only offer math in foundation which I didn't you can only get a low b but I want to proceed to medicine is it alright or should I try do something else I mean sit maths privately
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Laraib raza)
    Hey I'm an internation student i was doing o levels but wasn't able to complete all my years and give exams all my classmates are in year 11back home but I was somehow overage for gcse in uk btw I'm 16 was born on 17 July 2001 and the minimum age for o level is like 18 0r 19 and I was studying in a independent school too.my no year is wated and i also studied one year in italy.So I'm interested in medicine like a lot i got 6a*s and 2a In my first year of o level which were school exam.now after moving to uk I'm doing my gcses at college as I'm overage I'm doing five gcse cause that's what they only offer but they only offer math in foundation which I didn't you can only get a low b but I want to proceed to medicine is it alright or should I try do something else I mean sit maths privately
    Thats quite confusing.

Medicine is very competitive. You need high GCSE in some cases and High A levels.

GCSEs are normally required to be able to sit the A level. The two most commonly required ones are Chemistry , then Biology. You need to be doing those at GCSE.

They do not like resits at A level so best get it right on first sitting.

If you are clever then its straightforward to teach yourself a GCSE and sit as a private candidate or you could do it via distance learning.

You may find it very difficult to do A levels because of your age. You might have to do those via distance learning as well. It is not hoing to be easy for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.