The Student Room Group

Oxford Written Work

Hi everyone!
It has come to the time when I have to submit a piece of assessed written work to aid my application. I was wondering if the word count is strict, will I be penalised for going over? I've heard from some that they want 2300. I have an essay that is 2725, but it's the one with the best mark!
Would you recommend submitting an essay that is closer the wordcount but lower in mark?
Thanks
Original post by TJWILSON
Hi everyone!
It has come to the time when I have to submit a piece of assessed written work to aid my application. I was wondering if the word count is strict, will I be penalised for going over? I've heard from some that they want 2300. I have an essay that is 2725, but it's the one with the best mark!
Would you recommend submitting an essay that is closer the wordcount but lower in mark?
Thanks
Can you trim it down at All?

Normally with universities they give you 10% under or over. This may or may not be the case with this submission (I'm not an expert).
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Can you trim it down at All?

Normally with universities they give you 10% under or over. This may or may not be the case with this submission (I'm not an expert).

I know they need proof that it has been marked by a teacher. I think I've found another essay that has a slightly lower mark but it is under the word count. It's also written in timed conditions in class which is apparently better?

Thanks for the help!
Original post by TJWILSON
I know they need proof that it has been marked by a teacher. I think I've found another essay that has a slightly lower mark but it is under the word count. It's also written in timed conditions in class which is apparently better?
Timed condition can be regarded as preferable, depending on the college and course, I guess.:smile:

Again, not an expert.:wink:
Reply 4
Hi,Can you help me how it's format and structure , I am new

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending