Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you a girl gamer? Join the discussion and express ur views Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i play on console and through personal experiences ive found guys are shocked that im good on games.

What is this view that girls cant get as good as a guy while playing multiplayer?
    I mean i took down a few players on gta online and a guy was shockd he got owned by a woman 😅😂. I mean is their a difference?

Id like your view on why this may be and tell me what game u play and on what platform?

----------

Horizon zero dawn
    GTA V
    Playstation 4
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    perhaps it's the same/similar views that girls aren't as good at physical sports, or that guys feel like they are better for some reason.
    ofc there are girls who are better than boys in sports but there do seem to be prejudice that girl will do worse until they show otherwise

ReputationRep:
    grill here

ReputationRep:
    Guys are usually shocked if I mention I have a Steam account (or actually understand what Steam is... or have heard of any game ever, although that's me generalising a bit haha).
    I think it's just a lot more uncommon that girls play games/are good at games. Although I think it's definitely growing in popularity!

I tend to just play PC games as it's what I find easiest to get hold of ^_^
    My favourite genre is RPG (so I'm all over the place tbh) and very occasionally I try online games but my internet SUCKS so my team always ends up hating me.

ReputationRep:
    I play on a pc and most guys are surprised it was my own build, ahaha ;p

(Original post by FlowerTron)
    Guys are usually shocked if I mention I have a Steam account (or actually understand what Steam is... or have heard of any game ever, although that's me generalising a bit haha).
    I think it's just a lot more uncommon that girls play games/are good at games. Although I think it's definitely growing in popularity!

I tend to just play PC games as it's what I find easiest to get hold of ^_^
    My favourite genre is RPG (so I'm all over the place tbh) and very occasionally I try online games but my internet SUCKS so my team always ends up hating me.
    AGREED.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to be sexist here, but it seems like a lot of female gamers aren't as competitive when it comes to video games for whatever reason. Maybe they aren't as dedicated because their friends don't play, or they spend more time with friends. Of the few girls I've seen play first person shooters (CS:GO specifically), nearly all of them are of an average skill level or below.

ReputationRep:
    I play PS4, guys are always shocked that a girl can play good, I was grinding the new COD this weekend on top of work and school work and got from level 20 to level 51 ahah

ReputationRep:
    Well I used to play bo2 on PS3 better than my bf lol who I would beat in 2.3 seconds and he was really shocked when I first beat him and his friend would say no way she's playing that and called me a cheat; actually loads of people did because they just didn't believe a girl could be that good like wtf doesn't make me any different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megahero)
    perhaps it's the same/similar views that girls aren't as good at physical sports, or that guys feel like they are better for some reason.
    ofc there are girls who are better than boys in sports but there do seem to be prejudice that girl will do worse until they show otherwise
    But then, there’s a reason that men and women’s football (and other sports, but more notably football) teams are kept separate. Generally, men are a lot stronger, and it wouldn’t be an entirely fair game.

I realise strength doesn’t equate to how good you are at something, but I can see as a girl why the separation is in place.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    My favourite console is probably the 3DS, especially because of the wide range of games available. I love the little stylus, it's unique to the 3DS :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Off Topic but I remember I think on The Crew or NFS (the 2015 one/flop), there was a girl who partook in a gymkhana with me, and thrashed me. To be fair, I reckon she had a better car, plus I didn't have the funds to tune my gtr to perfection but ya know... I didn't even know girls played racing games xD I have come across a couple on Rocket league, but its kind of rare to see a girl on the mic especially on ps4 nowadays. Back in PS3 since there was no party chat, it was more common then now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.