Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a deadline coming up and no idea what has been going on Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am new to this as this is my first year. I have been at university for 6 weeks now and I have had no idea what so ever what has been going on. I have been attending my classes but when I am there I feel so lost I literally don’t take any information in. I have to write 150 words for each of my two classes for every week I have been attending based on the what we were studying each week and I have one speaking assessment and the group of people I have been with I don’t know them and they don’t even speak and my grade is going to be based on speaking as a group. I feel like I have already failed. Please comment as I don’t know if anyone can relate and I’m worried because the university management is not good. One time I forgot my ID card so I was not able to confirm my attendance and they said nothing they can do about it. So I attended a class but my attendance was never recorded which sucks.

ReputationRep:
    How much is the assessment worth of your module mark?

If you have troubles, are you able to talk to student support or your personal tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    How much is the assessment worth of your module mark?

If you have troubles, are you able to talk to student support or your personal tutor?
    I’m not sure how much the assessment is worth of my modual. I actually just had the assessment today and I can’t believe it. Two people from my group who my assessment was with did not even show up. So it was me and one other person having to do the speaking. My tutor is the person who I need to speak to but she is not very helpful to be honest she is very informal like talking to you as a friend but I don’t find it helpful to be honest because I don’t know what I’m doing in her class most of the time. I have requested to change classes but they won’t allow me to as the other classes are all at full capacity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakila Matthews)
    I’m not sure how much the assessment is worth of my modual. I actually just had the assessment today and I can’t believe it. Two people from my group who my assessment was with did not even show up. So it was me and one other person having to do the speaking. My tutor is the person who I need to speak to but she is not very helpful to be honest she is very informal like talking to you as a friend but I don’t find it helpful to be honest because I don’t know what I’m doing in her class most of the time. I have requested to change classes but they won’t allow me to as the other classes are all at full capacity
    Try and see if your other classmates or the tutor could give you some notes from the lectures. What is it your writing/talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Really? Are you marked as a group or individually? I think that your tutor would take into account the absence of your group members. At least the group project is over and done with now. I don't think that the assessment would be that important, given that most of your group was missing.

Have you told your tutor that you don't understand the course content? How do your other course mates feel about the course?

(Original post by Shakila Matthews)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.