Turn on thread page Beta

The Student Food Guide Blog watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, Although I've been a member of The Student Room for many years and have read many forum discussions in the past I've never created one before so hopefully this will go okay 😂 I'm in my second year of uni and although I don't live in halls or other forms of student accommodation myself, many of my friends do and some of them have found that they want to cook much more than they do currently. Not every student goes into uni life prepared in the same way and even if you've cooked plenty of times before it can get a bit daunting and stressful when doing it on your own for the first few times. I'm living at home but I've been at boarding school before and I can say from experience it's not fun when you don't know what you're doing or are scared of doing it wrong. This is why myself and a friend from school have come up with the idea of creating a blog for students in a position like this. It covers easy recipes with food that isn't hard to come by, a mix of healthy and not so healthy recipes for times when you just need comfort food and we're planning to start reviewing food products and cooking appliances that we use on a regular basis and that may make life a little easier. Everything that we use and talk about can be bought on a budget so there's no need to worry about that 🙂 Although we are fairly experienced cooks this is our first blog so please give constructive criticism. We're totally open to feedback and suggestions of all kinds! Here's the link: http://thestudentfoodguide.over-blog.com/ We will update the blog on a regular basis. We really hope you find it useful and enjoy making the food we talk about. Thanks, From Lauren. 🙂

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.