Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend followed a bunch of people on Instagram from hotel resort we visited ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Your girlfriend receives an inappropriately sexual comment from a strange guy on Facebook and you are somehow upset at her? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this relationship isn't likely to work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onlyasking)
    LOOOOOOL 😂 I was only intending on asking one question. I know my name is cringey, as if I have an attitude.

So trust is this some sort of dog treat, you answered my question so here’s a treat, I trust you. Relationships don’t work like that, you should trust the person before you get into a relationship with them. Once they’ve broken your trust sure then it’s earned. I wouldn’t say getting offended is defensive.
    Better to be humble imo and assume you start from a position of low trust and you earn it as they get to know you. It's entitled to assume otherwise.

This is why I always let my GFs read my facebook messages etc. so they don't feel insecure and they trust me. I'm pretty open and don't care about keeping secrets etc. And if they're the opposite to me and more secretive and defensive then I'm not really into that lol. You don't know what someone is capable of when you meet them. If you're now in a relationship you still don't know that person very well since you've not been in their life for long.

Unless you're childhood sweethearts.

(Original post by lil minx)
    I'd believe your girlfriend her story sounds believable. She went for a swim some guys probably started to chat her up like lads do when they are on holiday and having fun.. they may of been drunk who knows. Maybe She just spoke to them out of politeness and then followed them on Instagram to be friendly.

You didn't even know about these guys until you saw her profile so I'm guessing nothing much happened, if anything at all otherwise you'd have noticed surely. Or did you spend large amounts of time away from her?

Take your girlfriends word for it, unless you come across anything more suspicious. If these guys live in Ireland what's the worse that could happen?
    This^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    keyboard warrior, I guarantee you would do the same
    It make sense I guess, I don’t think she’s lying. You’ve asked her directly, and she gave a solid answer. I don’t think you have anything to worry about
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    This^
    Looool you’re trying to test me.

Hmm I can’t get into a with someone I had low trust for. I don’t like the idea of snooping or fishing, there has to be a mutual understanding and trust. I’m pretty private and no not because I’ve got anything to hide, I’m an introvert and like my own space. I don’t think trust depends on how long you’ve known the person. I go off their character and values. So if my potential bf said he wouldn’t cheat on me because he “loves me” I wouldn’t go there, if he said something like it’s against what he’s about lol that’s more like it.

As for reading his messages, I’d cringe lool not for me. Imagine someone going through all of my messages from to friends, makes my skin crawl 😂

ReputationRep:
    She said she woke up early one day and went for a swim and found a spot near a bunch of irish guys who began talking to her. They asked for her instagram as she was leaving and she just followed them back.
    i don't think that is appropriate behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh honest it's probably nothing and there is no evidence that she "met up" with any of them.
    Sometimes you tag pictures on Instagram by location or business (such as hotel or restaurant), she may have found them that way, followed them and then they followed back or vice versa. I followed/ been followed by loads of people in my city that way. Think you're honestly making a problem when there isn't one.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    Tbh honest it's probably nothing and there is no evidence that she "met up" with any of them.
    Sometimes you tag pictures on Instagram by location or business (such as hotel or restaurant), she may have found them that way, followed them and then they followed back or vice versa. I followed/ been followed by loads of people in my city that way. Think you're honestly making a problem when there isn't one.
    not a problem, I was just curious.

Think it was okay for me to ask and wonder about how she met someone on holiday when I was with her the entire time

ReputationRep:
    I just said, hey I noticed that guy commented on your IG, looks like he was stayed at our hotel, how do you know him ? I dont remember seeing him.
    then she said she met and his friends whilst swimming, she happened to sit next to them as it was a less crowded part, He initiated conversation thinking she was irish and they got talking about things to do in the island and he asked if he could follow her as she left.

keyboard warrior, I guarantee you would do the same
    You guarantee **** all, love. I'd ask her right up, I wouldn't go snooping through her stuff.

ReputationRep:
    The main issue hasn't been addressed here.

Why did you go to Gran Canaria for only three days when it takes 4hrs at least each way to get there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onlyasking)
    Hmmm that does sound strange, they clearly got the impression that she was interested for them to feel comfortable enough to ask her. Did she tell you exactly what happened or did you piece it together ? If she was honest with you I guess you don’t have anything to worry about
    That's not always true. Men will sometimes pester you until you give up your social media/number to them, despite you clearly saying you're not interested.

ReputationRep:
    I would just say to her that you noticed how she's following people from holiday and ask her how it came about but just casually and not in a way that would make her think you're accusing her of anything. I do think it's weird and unneeded if you're in a relationship. Fair enough if she made friends with them and you all hung out on holiday but not when you just stayed in the same place..

ReputationRep:
    Tan her off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMPD97)
    That's not always true. Men will sometimes pester you until you give up your social media/number to them, despite you clearly saying you're not interested.
    True men do pester, I don’t see how that would lead to the guy and I following each other. I would say give me yours instead, it’s not like he’d knock me out if I didn’t follow or message him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.