The Student Room Group

Does Cambridge accept the AB subscore of the BC Calc test as a separate score?

So I know American's need to get five 5's on AP tests as a part of admissions requirements but I was curious as to whether the AB subscore of the BC calc test counted as a separate score. Because BC calc comprises everything in the AB test and more, you would think that both scores would be accepted but I haven't received a solid answer. Some student take just AB calculus one year, take AB test, and then take BC calc the following year, allowing them to take both tests during their high school career but other students, like me, are on an accelerated course of study and learning everything in one year so you would think that Cambridge would give credit for both courses. I can't take both the AB and BC test because they are administered at the same time, and if I were to take the AB test next year, not only would it be expensive ( about $100) but I would also probably get a lower score since i would have taken the course a year before. Anyone know the answer?
Original post by yasmine7123
So I know American's need to get five 5's on AP tests as a part of admissions requirements but I was curious as to whether the AB subscore of the BC calc test counted as a separate score. Because BC calc comprises everything in the AB test and more, you would think that both scores would be accepted but I haven't received a solid answer. Some student take just AB calculus one year, take AB test, and then take BC calc the following year, allowing them to take both tests during their high school career but other students, like me, are on an accelerated course of study and learning everything in one year so you would think that Cambridge would give credit for both courses. I can't take both the AB and BC test because they are administered at the same time, and if I were to take the AB test next year, not only would it be expensive ( about $100) but I would also probably get a lower score since i would have taken the course a year before. Anyone know the answer?

I don’t think there’s someone who has any credible answer to a specific question like that for American applicants here.

Very soon @Murray Edwards Admissions will start a new thread to answer questions from applicants, so I’d suggest you post the question there.
He is one of the most experienced admission tutors at Cambridge, so your best bet. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending