Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are (most) women who go on about women's rights and feminism on social media.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...obese and/or very unattractive?

I don't have statistics but based on observation over the last few years this has been the case.

Is there a correlation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure it's necessarily the case, but you could maybe make a tendency claim. I dunno. If this is true, maybe they feel like they have a bit more to gain from the politics of it.

ReputationRep:
    Emma Watson is a self-identified feminist and I would say that she is very attractive to most people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is any relationship. I do not support feminism/SJWs, but plenty of them are very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Theres some scientific evidence suggesting that feminist activists have more masculine characteristics than most women due to pre-natal exposure to high levels of testosterone. This possibly explains some of their lack of femininity.

See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158978/

The feminist movement purports to improve conditions for women, and yet only a minority of women in modern societies self-identify as feminists. This is known as the feminist paradox. It has been suggested that feminists exhibit both physiological and psychological characteristics associated with heightened masculinization, which may predispose women for heightened competitiveness, sex-atypical behaviors, and belief in the interchangeability of sex roles. If feminist activists, i.e., those that manufacture the public image of feminism, are indeed masculinized relative to women in general, this might explain why the views and preferences of these two groups are at variance with each other.

[,,]

In summary, the feminist activist sample had a significantly smaller (i.e., masculinized) 2D:4D ratio than the general female samples. The size of this difference corresponds approximately to a 30% difference in prenatal testosterone/estradiol ratio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)
    Theres some scientific evidence suggesting that feminist activists have more masculine characteristics than most women due to pre-natal exposure to high levels of testosterone. This possibly explains some of their lack of femininity.

But does masculinity have anything to do with being "unattractive" or "obese"? I didn't read the article because I'm lazy, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

ReputationRep:

very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Because unlike most women young women they are genuine victims, they can't just tart themselves up on a fri night, open their legs and wallop they god a bed for the night and a meal.

Fact is they like everyone else would benefit from a more traditionally religious society where bare flesh and vice are condemned and dignity, hard work and honour are rewarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilandTheo)
    Emma Watson is a self-identified feminist and I would say that she is very attractive to most people.
    Take away her acting career and sure enough she will be ****ging it to mainstream RnB like all the others.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is nonsense, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Most feminists I know fight for ACTUAL equality - and they are absolutely fine, definitely is a correlation between appearance (changing hairstyle, colour, tattoos, piercings) and militant feminism I think though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    ...obese and/or very unattractive?

I don't have statistics but based on observation over the last few years this has been the case.

Is there a correlation?
    I'm not going to lie, I have noticed that correlation.

youtube often sends me suggested video's to watch of feminists basically being feminists and causing a big scene, and usually the feminists doing this are obese/and or unattractive.

I was a member of another forum in the past where virtually all the moderators seemed to be feminists for some strange reason. Unsurprisingly they eventually permanently banned me. The one's who gave me the most grief definitely fit the stereotypical look of a feminist [I did see photo's of them]

(Original post by PhilandTheo)

Emma Watson isn't one of trouble causing over the top feminists though is she?

I am noticing the more attractive a woman is the less likely she is to be like that.

I don't think i've ever seen a "hot" feminist who was OTT/overly aggressive/trouble causing

This is a very interesting study, I can typically predict with about 75% accuracy from a persons posting style and mannerisms what their gender is without them declaring it. Even males pretending to be women I can usually tell they're a male. but what tends to throw me a lot of the time are feminists. The aggressive/argumentative ones typically have a male posting style, and there have been times when I've been arguing with feminists and thought I was arguing with a male ..only to learn later that they were in fact female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I'm not going to lie, I have noticed that correlation.

youtube often sends me suggested video's to watch of feminists basically being feminists and causing a big scene, and usually the feminists doing this are obese/and or unattractive.

I was a member of another forum in the past where virtually all the moderators seemed to be feminists for some strange reason. Unsurprisingly they eventually permanently banned me. The one's who gave me the most grief definitely fit the stereotypical look of a feminist [I did see photo's of them]

Emma Watson isn't one of trouble causing over the top feminists though is she?

I am noticing the more attractive a woman is the less likely she is to be like that.

I don't think i've ever seen a "hot" feminist who was OTT/overly aggressive/trouble causing

This is a very interesting study, I can typically predict with about 75% accuracy from a persons posting style and mannerisms what their gender is without them declaring it. Even males pretending to be women I can usually tell they're a male. but what tends to throw me a lot of the time are feminists. The aggressive/argumentative ones typically have a male posting style, and there have been times when I've been arguing with feminists and thought I was arguing with a male ..only to learn later that they were in fact female.
    Triggerred.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Because they can't compete in the dominance hierarchy because they do not posses the traits that are very advantageous to women which is youth and beauty.

ReputationRep:
    **** man, find the right instagram pages and you'll find plenty of attractive feminists.

I would say young suffer from confirmation bias.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.