Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am in Year 12 and I want to study Medicine. I am studying a level Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I have a few questions:
    Firstly, I am a bit confused about the admissions tests, do I take them before applying and my interview. Is it different for UKCAT and the BMAT? And which year will I take them in, 2018 or 2019?

Secondly, how much do my GCSEs really matter? I read the entry requirements for many London universities and most of them require a minimum grade B in English Language. I received a grade 5, will they count that as a B or a C? And these are my GCSE results:
    A*- R.S
    AA- Double Science
    A-Sociology
    A-Psychology
    A-Textiles
    A-bengali
    6-Maths
    6-English Literature
    5-English Language
    C-Geography
    C-Drama

I am very determined to do amazing with my a levels. So far I am doing very good in chemistry and biology but struggling a bit with maths.But I'm trying my best and hopefully I'll do amazing in maths too.
    Sorry if this a very annoying and long post and you've probably read many like mine. But I would really appreciate if someone would take a bit of time to answer my questions so I am 100% clear.
    Thank you 😊

ReputationRep:
    hey! you'll need to do your ukcat in june-oct 2018 and your bmat in nov 2018 before any interviews are given out, as for your english language grade, i would strongly advise you resit it as most if not all universities have a minimum of a grade 6 entry requirement meaning if you don't have that you would be rejected, the rest of your grades are great though!! GCSE's will matter depending on which universities you want to apply to, for example plymouth just want a minimum of 7A*-C grades whilst somewhere like Birmingham wants A*s in Biology and Chemistry and As in Maths and English, it all really depends on where you apply tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSRHME)
    hey! you'll need to do your ukcat in june-oct 2018 and your bmat in nov 2018 before any interviews are given out, as for your english language grade, i would strongly advise you resit it as most if not all universities have a minimum of a grade 6 entry requirement meaning if you don't have that you would be rejected, the rest of your grades are great though!! GCSE's will matter depending on which universities you want to apply to, for example plymouth just want a minimum of 7A*-C grades whilst somewhere like Birmingham wants A*s in Biology and Chemistry and As in Maths and English, it all really depends on where you apply tbh
    Thank you very much, I understand now😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSRHME)
    hey! you'll need to do your ukcat in june-oct 2018 and your bmat in nov 2018 ...
    You can also take the BMAT in September now. Only Oxford want the November sitting specifically.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.