Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How’s to tell someone you want to wait some time before meeting up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, this boy popped up about 2days ago with the usual so I replied and we had a basic convo. Yesterday morning he popped up again so we just chatted rubbish for a few minutes ‘wuu2’ etc and then he said that we should meet soon. Now I do know him from primary school but I haven’t spoken to him for years. Firstly I’m worried he is taking the piss out of me because, well let’s just say I didn’t think I was the type he would go for, he could do a lot better although he did show interest when we were in primary school😂 secondly my Mam would know if I was going to meet someone and she wouldn’t mind but I don’t like talking to her about stuff like this. So how Can I say wait a bit longer or something and how long do you think is acceptable to wait?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meg846)
    So basically, this boy popped up about 2days ago with the usual so I replied and we had a basic convo. Yesterday morning he popped up again so we just chatted rubbish for a few minutes ‘wuu2’ etc and then he said that we should meet soon. Now I do know him from primary school but I haven’t spoken to him for years. Firstly I’m worried he is taking the piss out of me because, well let’s just say I didn’t think I was the type he would go for, he could do a lot better although he did show interest when we were in primary school😂 secondly my Mam would know if I was going to meet someone and she wouldn’t mind but I don’t like talking to her about stuff like this. So how Can I say wait a bit longer or something and how long do you think is acceptable to wait?
    Wait until you feel ready.

Why does he want to meet up?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know what for tbh

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.